Menu
norskyorkie
Superfast
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Great British Railway Journeys horrible sound.

Watched GBRJ on Monday and Tuesday and the sound was terrible, badly out of sinc and sounding as if the original sound had been lost and a studio sound overlay had been added.

It was almost unwatchable, this morning I watched last night's episode on BBC iPlayer on my computer and the sound was fine, slightly of sinc but hardly noticeable.

This is obviously a Virgin Media problem as other programme recordings I've watched are OK, any one else having trouble, is it on the Tivo as well or just the V6?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Great British Railway Journeys horrible sound.

I also have been recording the series. No problems with the sound at all here, apart as you say from it being slightly out of sync last night.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Clearly the two of you have had slightly different experiences but there is a common thread.

Every episode of the current series we have recorded on our TiVO has perfect sound but obviously out of sync. Last night's was no exception.

We switched to watching on Freeview live. The sound was out of sync but not by as much but still noticeable.

This looks like a BBC broadcast problem because all other live Freeview channels were OK for sound and sync. And that was also true for all other TiVO recordings.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi norskyorkie,

Thanks for your post.

Apologies for any inconvenience or frustration this has caused. 

How did you access this on the V6 box?

If you try and watch the same episodes on your computer, does the same thing happen?

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

We watched Thursday and Friday's episodes sequentially. TiVO recordings. Perfect sound. Both still slightly out of sync but not as bad as Wednesday.  Must be a BBC broadcast issue as I have said because the sync issue was present on Freeview live as well. 

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
norskyorkie
Superfast
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply, I watched it from a V6 recording in HD, I later watched episode 1 on my Smart TV via BBC iPlayer, this was better but also slightly off on the sinc.

Episodes 3-5 later in the week returned to normal, looks like the 2 Ireland ones were the only ones that had dodgy sound, someone in the film crew must have upset a Leprechaun 🙂

Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming this for me. It does sound like it is an issue with the programme and how it has been broadcast. Apologies for any frustration this has caused.

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos