cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a local BBC programme LOOK EAST

Washmittmeister
Joining in

Hi All,

My first post. I live in SE London and receive the Local BBC news after the main news.

I would like also to receive the BBC Look East programme. I don't want to loose BBC London news but I do want to receive BBC Look East as well. I notice that we are offered BBC Scotland, Wales etc but I am not interested in them!! Any chance of this happening.

ps I used to get BBC Look East with SKY!!!!

Thankyou everyone 

Nick  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can use the iPlayer app on your box to get BBC local news from other areas.

Just search for Look East once you've got the iPlayer app open.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can use the iPlayer app on your box to get BBC local news from other areas.

Just search for Look East once you've got the iPlayer app open.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Thanks Ben

Much Appreciated!!

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Washmittmeister wrote:

Hi All,

My first post. I live in SE London and receive the Local BBC news after the main news.

I would like also to receive the BBC Look East programme. I don't want to loose BBC London news but I do want to receive BBC Look East as well. I notice that we are offered BBC Scotland, Wales etc but I am not interested in them!! Any chance of this happening.

ps I used to get BBC Look East with SKY!!!!

Thankyou everyone 

Nick  

Sky by its nature is a satellite service that has to carry all the regions. Virgin operates under local franchises & these stipulate what regions are available in each area. SE London is outside the BBC East region so you cannot get these programmes (except via iPlayer), only your local region plus the national ones.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

awr1946
Dialled in

Can you get BBC Look East for Essex on Virgin Media, I’ve found Look East West but that’s not the one for Essex

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi awr1946,

if you type Look essex in the search bar you will see Look East, regional news for Norfolk, Suffolk and Essex

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Dave,

What channel is that on, I can only find Look East West which doesn’t cover Essex

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@awr1946 wrote:

Hi Dave,

What channel is that on, I can only find Look East West which doesn’t cover Essex

The regional channels that have to be provided in the cable franchise agreement for your are are on channels 101 & 103. Unless there is a major overlap with an adjacent region you will not get any more than this, plus the national variants (Scotland, Wales, N. Ireland). Virgins primary region map is below:

Virgin Region MapVirgin Region Map

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again awr1946,

It's not on a channel.

It's in the iPlayer app. When you open it just click on search and type Look Essex.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@awr1946I may have misunderstood your issue, but if you search for Look East on the iPlayer, you get this...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/search?q=Look+East - all 4 sub-regions are available.

The same results should be apparent through the iPlayer app.