cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fridge power blocking signal

nickbriggs
Joining in

Hi - when my fridge powers up the screen blanks out for 2/3/4 secs on a regular basis 

this doesn’t happen when watching a dvd or the fire stick 

I have had extra plugs put in place that run of different power set ups but to no avail 

I need to interference to stop 

how can I stop it 

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does this happen with all source material? i.e. live TV, recorded programmes, OnDemand and/or streaming?

Have you tried changing your HDMI cable and also the port on your TV?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

when watching live tv, i have swapped hdmi ports. tried plugging in from different power sources, tried moving the fridge further away. 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning nickbriggs, 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your signal. 

Have you replaced the HDMI cable in general? How close is the TV to the fridge? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi - yes I have tried 2 different HDMI cables 

The fridge is 2.5 metres away from the TV 

the Virgin box is running off a different electrical circuit too 

I don’t have the issue when watching DVDs or the fire stick 

thanks Nick 

Hi the only thing I can think of is maybe the fridge doesn't have a suppressor, I have had fridges close to my virgin equipment for years and never encountered any problems. Regards Micky

Hi @nickbriggs

Thanks for coming back to us. I've not been able to locate your account details from the forum information provided. I'll send you a PM to get some details and run further checks.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill