cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freeview channels

missdlp
Settling in

If your TV has built in Freeview why can't I watch them anymore since I joined virgin???? Apparently I have to upgrade my package and pay to upgrade when Freeview is FREE. 

9 REPLIES 9

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No, you swap your TV to the TV source and you have access to all Freeview channels.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Of course you need an external aerial. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

The Player bundle has many, but not all, of the Freeview channels. It seems to me that upgrading to Mix, Full House or VIP will give you few - if any - additional Freeview channels.

If the Player bundle does not provide Freeview channels which you really want, then get an aerial (rooftop is best).

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Freeview is a service only available via a territorial antenna connected to either a TV with an inbuilt Freeview tuner or a standalone  Freeview STB. Freeview is not a reference to the channels, but a reference to how they are delivered and or accessed. Virgin Media deliver channels via cable. Virgin Media do carry some of the Free to air channels associated with Freeview and they are all available via all of Virgin's TV packages. You do not pay a premium to get these channels.

If you want Freeview then connect a terrretestrial TV antenna to your TV if it has an inbuilt Freeview tuner. Freeview is a totally independant service and has nothing at all to do with Virgin Media.

Flossy744
Superfast

@missdlp wrote:

If your TV has built in Freeview why can't I watch them anymore since I joined virgin???? Apparently I have to upgrade my package and pay to upgrade when Freeview is FREE. 

I still have the ariel in the back of my TV,  do I have to switch Virginmedia V HD box completely off before going to source TV please

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No, you simply need to change the Source to the TV Source.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

@Ernie_C wrote:

No, you simply need to change the Source to the TV Source.

Thank you but it’s just a grey picture and nothing else, the ariel is in perfect working order we have another TV running off it.

its still plugged in to the back, it’s how Virginmedia left it a few years ago when they came to install.

I have no idea then why we can’t view it as it was, never mind thanks for your input.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you setup the TV to receive the Freeview channels?

Some action is required to tune a TV into the available Freeview channels.

@Ernie_C wrote:

Have you setup the TV to receive the Freeview channels?

Some action is required to tune a TV into the available Freeview channels.

Even if we could view these channels before we had a Virginmedia V HD box fitted.

Thank you.