Menu
AndrewSmall99
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Flashing white screen

I just had my V6 box installed. Every day when we first turn on the box the screen keeps flashing white and the sound keeps crackling for about 5 minutes. It settles down but the occasional white flash and sound interruption can happen every 10 minutes or so.

I have tested other HDMI sources such as the dvd player which work fine, but the white flashes start as soon as I switch to virgin media.

I contacted tech support on the phone who suggested switching the hdmi sources around which I have done. Have unplugged and replugged everything and turned off and on again. This is a recurring problem.

Tech support said to contact you if switching hdmi sources didn't work to get an engineer to have a look.

Many thanks
Andrew
0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Flashing white screen

Have you tried another HDMI lead?
0 Kudos
AndrewSmall99
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

No I hadn't thought of that. I'm testing it now, not a single flash or flicker so far. I think that may have resolved it, but will post another update to confirm.

Thank you!
0 Kudos
AndrewSmall99
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Nope I'm still getting the white flashes. NOT resolved.

Thanks
Andrew
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hello AndrewSmall99,

Thanks for posting in the community.

I can see that you've given us a ring but we haven't heard anything since so if this is still happening just let me know and I'll arrange for a technician to take a look at it for you.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
AndrewSmall99
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi

All sorted as of yesterday.

I changed the video options on the v6 box so that the options "with pass through" were also ticked. This seems relevant as i have one of those Samsung "one connect" boxes that the hdmi cable plugs into before then going into the tv.

Since I changed the setting not a single flicker.

Hope this helps someone else. Also note that your tech guys didn't suggest this on the phone.

Cheers
Andrew

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andrew

I am having the same issue, to clarify with you on live tv by random their is like 1 white flash like a camera flash but with no loss of sound.

Also it was visible on 1080i, 1080p and 2160p if you have a 4k TV.

I have read your fix on selecting pass through, so I will try yhat as the random flashes are annoying and trying to see if it's a V6 issue, cable issue or TV issue.

I haven't seen this flash on ps4, so teying to narrow down to V6 box, cable as the TV is only 3 months old.

If it was the same random flash as I have explained above did the passthrough option work, as mine just plugs straight from V6 to TV no splitter.

What model of samsuSa is it mine is eu50mu6120. I have raised the issue to Samsung, just tell me to narrow down whatsw connected one by one and take a video. Hard to captruenwheb it's random.

Yeah Mr White.... Science
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

The flash you are seeing is the scrambled HDMI signal where the handshake between the box & the TV is incomplete. It is normally resolved by just turning the TV to another source & then back again so the handshake renews.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

No, mine is a different issue as my box is on ok it's a random 1 sec bright white flash like a flash off a camera its that quick.

Happened last night on live TV on cjannel 103 at 723 and again at 805pm, then this morning at 827am.

To rule out TV issue samsSam engineer coming out to check the tv and rule out faulty TV.

As it's either TV hardware or software as on Samsung community forum they are anfew seeing it but on xboxes, PS4, Blu-ray players.

One suggested it might be UHD colour enabled on setting, at the moment clutching at straws.

Or V6 issue or hdmi cable

Yeah Mr White.... Science
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi TAZMANUK,

Thanks for posting!

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your V6.

Has the Samsung technician been out yet? If so, has he ruled out the TV?

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos