cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing Red Light - Bricked for 2 years - Unable to get support on phone

GordonM
Tuning in

A fair bit of not repeatedly trying to get this fixed is my fault; I shouldn't have given up the previous times Virgin fobbed me off.

However, my V6 box has been broken; flashing Red light -> Welcome Screen -> Download Icon -> broken, repeat.
For the last 2 years.

I've once again tried the guides on Virgin's main site, and the idea in this thread:
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/Flashing-Red-and-White-light/td-p/4258915

When I've tried to get virgin support on the phone - I've had to go through an hour of useless bugfixing with the automated service; been told I'm added to a queue - which they then "called me back" at 4am, 2 days later; with a 20minute slot to respond in (which of course I missed) - and as such went back to the start of the process.

I noticed a lot of people here get support that's far more responsive, so I've got my fingers crossed.

99% sure from what other people have said the internal drive is dead, and the box needs replaced.

Any help would be much appreciated,
Many Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi GordonM

I've picked this up and taken a look and there are definitely some issues, most notably with the power levels on your downstream channels which will require a tech.

I'm going to send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to arrange a visit and look forward to hearing back from you.

Rob

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes, your box sounds faulty.

If you don't want to call, then you can wait on here for the staff team to pick up your post.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi GordonM, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 
I'm sorry to hear you've been having an issue with your V6 box. Taking a look at things here, the box is showing as unreachable. 

To allow us to run through some checks, please ensure the box is plugged in and switched on. Please also ensure the coaxial cable at the back of the box is tight and not loose in anyway. 

Please pop a post back here once you have done this so we can run through some checks remotely.

If this is already the case then we will need to get an engineer out to check things in which case we'll go through some details with you then. 

Come back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks Kath,

The box is now on and you can run the diagnostics again.

Hi GordonM

I've picked this up and taken a look and there are definitely some issues, most notably with the power levels on your downstream channels which will require a tech.

I'm going to send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to arrange a visit and look forward to hearing back from you.

Rob

Thank you so much Rob,

Really appreciate it. I've replied with the details.

Many Thanks, 

Gordon

Thanks GordonM, I have booked a visit in for you from one of our technicians to look into the power levels. You can view the date and time of the visit here, if there are any issues with this please let me know and I can look to get this rescheduled for you.

Please be aware that this is the earliest we can get a tech out to you and any changes may delays the visit.

Thanks

Rob