cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Films/tv keep glitching

Stephrout90
Joining in

Ive rented a film and it’s glitching the whole way through it! It happens all the time on normal tv when I rewind something or play something I have recorded however I have paid £14 for this movie and I don’t expect it to glitch/freeze the whole way through! Please advise what to do to stop this from happening, thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Stephrout90 

Did you rent the film from the VM Store?

If so you can contact the Store by calling on  0800 027 0801 from 9am to 9pm, 7 days a week, or by email  customerservice@virginmediastore.com

As to your other issue. "It happens all the time on normal tv when I rewind something or play something I have recorded "

By normal TV do you mean your V6 box? If so it sounds like the hard drive has failed if this happens on recordings and live TV where you pause and rewind and is completely separate from the film glitching.

You should report that issue by contacting TV Faults, option 2 when dialling 150 from a VM phone or mobile, or by dialling  0345 454 1111 from any other phone - a member of the Forum Team may be able to help with this issue in a day or two.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Back to basics here, you've mentioned a couple of bits.

Is your live TV ok? You've suggested so, but I'll ask to be clear. If so, you've mentioned that pausing or rewinding also causes problems. Pausing live TV is effectively making a recording and also uses your V6's hard drive.

If this is all problematic, it would suggest a hard drive fault which can't be repaired and will - sooner or later - result in your V6 being replaced.

If you're having problems with OnDemand programmes, that's another issue entirely.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Stephrout90

Sorry to hear that has happened with the rental 

Are you able to answer the questions that have been asked

That way we can narrow down the fault and look to get this fixed for future rentals 

Gareth_L