Menu
Highlighted
ekg
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Favourites

Hi All,

Over the last couple of day's I've noticed my favourite channels dropping like flies. I reset them all yesterday and then today when I checked there were even more gone?!

Up until two days ago i'd get one or two over months like everyone else but I've also noticed while resetting that entire channel's are missing.

I'm in Wales at the moment so have BBC1 & BBC2 Wales but I usually watch BBC1 & BBC2 England as they have different programmes/films that I prefer. BBC1 & BBC2 England seem to have dropped off the map for us altogether. Is there any work being done on the guide or is there no longer a choice on region?.... or could there be an issue somewhere else?

Has anyone else noticed anything?

Cheers Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Favourites

Hi ekg,

Thanks for posting on the community.

I'd just like to check how things have been since your post?

I have checked both boxes and everything looks okay at the moment so please let me know if there's any problems.

Take care

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Sandy90
Joining in
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

This has happened twice to me in the last few days and is getting annoying! The main one that I keep losing is STV HD. IVirgin media’s days are numbered in my house! 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

This is caused by yesterday’s change of channel 113 STV HD to 103.

Simply add 103 to your Favourites.

Any series links you had on 113 will have been preserved and moved to 103.

0 Kudos
michaeldavis
Well-informed
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

In your Favorites listings
Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Favourite Channels
It displays all channels that you are subscribed to with a tick and as you are no doubt aware pressing the thumbs up will add the channel and the thumbs down will remove the channel from the list.

It is logical to have the regional editions of the BBC channels as 101 and 102, the other versions of BBC1 are currently available on channels 861, 862, 863 and 864

BBC2 England is available on channel 865

You can't learn anything from a mistake until you admit that you've made it.
0 Kudos
pdfbt40
Superfast
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

As I've started suffering this problem I found this thread to see if there was actually a reason.  Its seems not!

Yes I understand about current regular tweaking of HD & regional channel numbers, but I'm loosing 15-20 random favorites at a time.
obviously I know how to set favourites, what I'd like to hear is why I loose them in the first place.

Is there anyway to back my favourites to a USB memory or PC by VM Go?

Martin

pdfbt40
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pdfbt40, 

Sorry to hear that you keep losing your favorites, this ins't good. 

We'd need to take a closer look as this shouldn't be happening so if you're free then have a chat with our team here

Let us know how you get on 🙂 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
cheekyangus
Dialled in
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I answered this on another post a couple days ago, so to save retyping I'm just going to copy and pasted it below.

Virgin Media are moving various channels to a new compression technology which uses less space on their network. When they move channels about on their network (I mean behind the scenes, not the channel numbers you see on the Guide) an unfortunate side affect is that it unFavourites them.

When moving channels over to this new technology some channels need moved behind the scenes, others don't, so this unFavouriting hasn't been happening with all these changes.

In theory the only change the customer will notice is that recordings take less space, in practice there can, in certain circumstances, be this side affect.

The short answer is sadly you just need to reFavourite them, and keep an eye on the rest of your list as Virgin are only about two thirds of the way through this change. They are currently changing on average about 10-20 channels a week.

pdfbt40
Superfast
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

cheekyangus,

Yes, I was aware of the shuffling of placeholders and that it could or may not change favorite status.

Annoying as it is, I have been resetting Favorites using the V6 interface from a manual backup list.

But my question was, Is there a better way to backup/edit Favorites?

I can do a lot of editing using the VM GO app on PC or Android device, but not Favorites. A strange omission.

pdfbt40
0 Kudos
ekg
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Let's hope they get this done soon as I started this query back in Jan 2018, I have since switched to the Tivo but still get this issue (it sometimes seems daily) with missing favourites. It's just something small but slightly annoying when missing something good because it didn't show up while surfing through channels.I don't always think of checking what's missing but guess I'm going to have to for a bit longer while they go through this process.

Cheers for the heads up cheekyangus Smiley Happy

0 Kudos