Menu
Teflon_2
Dialled in
Message 11 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: FREE V6 upgrade not free?

@andybrockwrote:

The SH2 is suitable for the V6  isn't it??

Yes, the SH2 works just fine with the V6.

Cliff

Hughjarrse
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 21
Flag for a moderator

The real question is WILL YOUR TV and AV Receiver work with the Tivo-6

lol

paulm21
Joining in
Message 13 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I too applied for the free upgrade. Got my bill today and my package had increased by £5 plus £2.50 for last month. When I complained and asked for an explanation the V6 box has a monthly fee of £5. I was offered a credit to be applied each month but this is not what was offered. I too was informed my monthly fee would not change. How many people have taken the upgrade and not noticed. Typical Virgin Media. I am returning my V6 and will be leaving when my contract expires in October. Shame on you Virgin Media, you have dubious and unethical business practices.

andybrock
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 21
Flag for a moderator

What is actually going on here?
Can anybody confirm they have upgraded and not incurred extra charges??

This is what I posted on the other thread:

This from the VM website:

How does the upgrade work?

The upgrade is free to eligible customers. There's no new contract to sign up to and your monthly cost will stay exactly the same. There's no penalty if you'd rather just keep your old TV box to use with your service (though we're pretty confident you'll love our V6 box more). You'll only need to pay extra if you want an engineer to install your new box for you instead of doing it yourself.

Also:

Is the V6 box compatible with my current kit?

Our older broadband Hubs aren't compatible with the V6 box, so if you need to upgrade, we'll let you know and send you a new one – for free. Our V6 box needs to connect to your Hub. If they're in the same room you can use an Ethernet cable or WiFi. If they're in different rooms, WiFi should still be fine, but we'll send you some extra kit just in case.

From the mod on the previous page.

I can confirm that our free V6 upgrade offer is are free and with no additional charges and will not place you into a new contract.

Bizarre.

???

0 Kudos
paulm21
Joining in
Message 15 of 21
Flag for a moderator

It gets worse. I checked my account online and discovered I had a brand new shiny 12 month contract. Rang to confirm and told it is a data sync issue and that the website hasn't caught up. Currently looking for a replacement internet supplier. I have had enough. I just cannot trust Virgin.

0 Kudos
andybrock
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 21
Flag for a moderator

@paulm21wrote:

It gets worse. I checked my account online and discovered I had a brand new shiny 12 month contract. Rang to confirm and told it is a data sync issue  Smiley Sad and that the website hasn't caught up. Currently looking for a replacement internet supplier. I have had enough. I just cannot trust Virgin.

Underhand indeed.

Wonder how many people have upgraded not even noticed the additional charges?

0 Kudos
Teflon_2
Dialled in
Message 17 of 21
Flag for a moderator

@andybrockwrote:

Can anybody confirm they have upgraded and not incurred extra charges??...............

Yes, I upgraded and incurred no extra charge and no contract renewal. I took 3 attempts though. Firstly, I tried to use the on-line offer but the link didn't work properly. I called 150 and was told, "no problem, we'll action it for you" and got the upgrade, along with a new e-mailed contract and small monthly increase. Unsurprisingly, I cancelled the upgrade, but then received a 'phone call  few weeks later offering the free upgrade, along with a Super Hub 3. I declined the Hub 3 but accepted (and received) the free upgrade to V6 with no contract renewal.

To be honest, I think VM have got (or had) so many differing offers concerning the V6 that it's all become a bit of a mess. The free offer with no strings is definitely available, but whether you get it seems to depend on which buttons get pressed when you apply.

My personal advice would be to accept (or apply for) the offer and then keep a close eye on your account, possibly 'phoning if you haven't heard within a few days. If any charges or new contracts are applied, then call 150 and speak to Retentions to resolve or cancel.. Be sure to do this within the 14 day window though.

Cliff

0 Kudos
andybrock
On our wavelength
Message 18 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Cliff for a clear & concise account of what actually is happening.

I'll call tonight as the online route seems to not work in regards to charges been automatically added.

Much appreciated.

I'll report back and update to assist anybody else.

hcoffield
Tuning in
Message 19 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Just browsing and noticed this thread.

I upgraded via the website without any problems and also without incurring any extra charge or new contract.  I received my V6 box and new SH3 on the delivery date given and did a self install.

I have also since received my first bill since the install and there have definitely been no extra charges added.

Just a shame it can't work for everyone.

0 Kudos
unisoft
Fibre optic
Message 20 of 21
Flag for a moderator

@andybrockwrote:

Can anybody confirm they have upgraded and not incurred extra charges??

This is what I posted on the other thread:

This from the VM website:

How does the upgrade work?

The upgrade is free to eligible customers. There's no new contract to sign up to and your monthly cost will stay exactly the same. There's no penalty if you'd rather just keep your old TV box to use with your service (though we're pretty confident you'll love our V6 box more). You'll only need to pay extra if you want an engineer to install your new box for you instead of doing it yourself.

Also:

Is the V6 box compatible with my current kit?

Our older broadband Hubs aren't compatible with the V6 box, so if you need to upgrade, we'll let you know and send you a new one – for free. Our V6 box needs to connect to your Hub. If they're in the same room you can use an Ethernet cable or WiFi. If they're in different rooms, WiFi should still be fine, but we'll send you some extra kit just in case.

From the mod on the previous page.

I can confirm that our free V6 upgrade offer is are free and with no additional charges and will not place you into a new contract.

Bizarre.

???

Went by the main VM page, clicked the TELL ME MORE button and then completed the request to upgrade for free, which was mentioned and the fact that no 12 month agreement was entered into if I did.

Anyway for us it was free. The package details/contract details in My Virgin Media indicated a package change and a new 12 month date BUT its not actually recorded as such. We know, because we negotiated a new contract deal about a month after having the TIVO v6 when we came out of the original contract date. We could have left without fuss. Its bad their systems were not updated though, and when you complete the online wizard it did contradict itself wit charges.

Take a screen grab of the web page, with date and time showing on the screen as a precaution.

0 Kudos