Menu
MikkDC
Tuning in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

FREE V6 upgrade not free?

I recently learned of the free V6 upgrade offer after seeing the advert on TV. I went through the following link https://store.virginmedia.com/existing-customer/my-offers/v6eligibility and was told I was eligible. I currently have a TiVo box and a V+HD box. The box I would be replacing is one of the old V+ HD boxes.

On the last page where I have to confirm my order and it says I will be charged an extra £8.50 per month. Why is this? I have attached a screenshot of the summary.

VMoffer.jpg

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: FREE V6 upgrade not free?

the webpage never works properly, phone up for the offer

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi MikkDC

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.

Sorry to hear you are having some difficulty with ordering your upgrade online. I just wanted to check in with you and see if you are now able to access the site?

Let me know if you your're still experiencing issues and I will take a look at this for you.

Take care

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
shirleywhite
Dialled in
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Exactly the same issue for me! Got to the final page of ordering my "free" upgrade to find an "extra £8.50 pm" listed.

Frustrating to see that your query re this wasn't answered but "sorry you can't access the website" was!! My thread/query re this still hasn't had a reply.
MikkDC
Tuning in
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Yes! The fact that it also says 'You are about to upgrade to a new package' even though in the previous pages it said 'Your package and monthly cost will stay the same' put me off aswell and I do not feel like phoning them up because I usually end up waiting 10 minutes or so before a customer advisor becomes available.
Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi MikkDC

Thank you for getting back to me about this.

Again I am sorry for the problems you are having with the ordering service.

I can confirm that our free V6 upgrade offer is are free and with no additional charges and will not place you into a new contract.

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Hope to hear from you soon

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
MikkDC
Tuning in
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thank You for your response but I have decided against upgrading as I believe the V6 box requires a Super Hub 3.

As myself and my son are both avid gamers I do not wish to use the Super Hub 3 because of the recognised fault in it's CPU as stated here http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Superhub-3-0-CPU-Issue-year-later-and-no-fix/td-p... and here https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2018/02/quick-update-virgin-media-hub-3-router-latency-fix.htm... which causes major problems for online gaming.

grah99
Joining in
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I am trying to upgrade online and I get the same message saying that it will cost me an extra £8.50 per month - what do I do? Confirm the booking or do I have to ring up?

0 Kudos
andybrock
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

exactly the same for me as of last night.

Canned the upgrade and will phone rententions yet again.

0 Kudos
andybrock
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

The SH2 is suitable for the V6  isn't it??