Menu
Highlighted
G0CNG
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Extra UKTV Channels for Christmas?

Hi all.  I’m on the basic freeview TV package with my V6 box.   Yesterday I had an email from  VirginMedia saying that we are getting free access to the UKTV channels including Gold and Eden over the Christmas Period until 8th January.

Question when does this start?    On trying to access any of these extra channels this morning I’m met with a message inviting me to subscribe to these channels which I don’t want to do.  Does this actually apply to my basic package at all??

it would be a lovely extra to have these available over the Christmas and New Year period but not a  disaster if not   

Thanks 

Chris

0 Kudos
NORTHERNDAVE68
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Extra UKTV Channels for Christmas?

Hi Chris.

I had the same email and thought great, Christmas Gold for no extra cost.

It is also asking me to upgrade. 

Dave P

0 Kudos
michaeldavis
Rising star
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The free offers tend to run for a month, so it would logical that they would not start until 8th December.

0 Kudos
G0CNG
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much Mike for the reply.  I’ll give it another try tomorrow on 8th December and report back to this thread.   Just that the email explained clearly when the offer ends but not when it starts! Otherwise it will be a call to customer services.

Also got the joy of re negotiating my contract with VM shortly   My current 12 months ends on 3 Feb 2019 and not relishing the prospect of my current £33 pm going up to £58pm.    If they can’t do me another 12 months at the same price or cheaper, I’m giving my 30days  notice and off on 3rd Feb!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@michaeldavis wrote:

The free offers tend to run for a month, so it would logical that they would not start until 8th December.

The normal FTV agreement with the broadcasters is 30 Days.

If the period runs out on 8th January, then the start date will be Monday (10th December), the same day the channel numbers change.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos