cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eurosport poor picture every Sunday

Greyflyer
Joining in

As I settle down to watch the motorbike racing on Eurosport every Sunday the picture eventually starts pixellating and breaking up.  This has happened for the last month or so.  The picture is fine the rest of the week.
Anyone have any ideas what is going on please?

13 REPLIES 13

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There's no logic to why this should happen on particular days, but pixellated pictures are usually a sign of signal faults. My standard advice to all signal issues therefore applies... Do you have any issues on Quest HD (a free channel - Ch169) at all?

If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Greyflyer 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear you have been experiencing issue with the TV service.

Has this problem continued to happen since your post or did it only happen on the Sunday? 

Do you check other channels when the pixelation begins?

Thanks

Nat

Yep, bad again this Sunday.  A quick check also show some Sky Sports channels are also affected.  But Eurosport is almost unwatchable.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is this Eurosport 1 or 2?

When you say "some Sky Sports channels", can you be a bit more specific? Including SD/HD?

Have you checked Quest HD as previously suggested?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi,

FYI:

I've just checked the Sky Sports, Eurosport & Quest channels (HD & SD) and the picture in my area is fine.

I'm in Area Ref: 01 ... So it could be something limited to the authors' area ?

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Steve1701 wrote:

I'm in Area Ref: 01

This is a billing reference and is unrelated to digital TV transmission.

Most signal faults tend to be quite localised and sometimes only affect individual customers.

Welcome back to the community @Greyflyer and thanks for your post.

I have looked into your account and can see that we have a congestion issue in your area that could be the cause of your issues, the current estimated fix time for this 24th November.

Also, please could you check that the coax cables are connected securely to the Virgin Media equipment, any splitters (standard and powered) and to the wall socket. 

Regards

Steven_L

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Steven_L wrote:

I have looked into your account and can see that we have a congestion issue in your area that could be the cause of your issues, the current estimated fix time for this 24th November.

@Steven_L 

Is this congestion issue only affecting broadband services? Live TV doesn't use the internet, at best this would only affect streaming &/or VoD

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi japitts, 

Thanks for posting and for your assistance 🙂 

Steven is out of the office today so thought I would check on his behalf. 

The ticket for the fault does show that it is impacting both TV and Broadband and does advise that this may cause the picture to freeze or in some cases disappear. 

Engineers are on site working to fix the issues. 

Thank you 

Nat