cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eurosport in 4K this year?

cheekyangus
Superfast

In previous years Eurosport had Red Button 4K/UHD for the French Open. Is this coming to Virgin Media TV this year?

8 REPLIES 8

ozsat
Superstar

Doesn't look like it  -  already active on SkyQ in 4K

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Follow up will be the Olympics - as I understand it, Eurosport  have the 4k rights for that as well - must now be a question as to whether that will be 4k on Virgin.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi cheekyangus,

According to this press release  you can watch it live on Eurosport which you can watch in both HD (channel 521 and 522) and in 4K HDR on Virgin Media (channel 205 and 999). 

Channel 205 is Amazon Prime. Searching for the sport takes to the Eurosport player where you can start a 7 day free trial, then £6.99 a month after the free trial

Channel 999 is the normal Virgin TV Ultra HD channel and there's nothing showing for Eurosport on that channel or via red button on 999, or on either Eurosport channel.

This is the event line-up if you decide to try the free 7 day trial by accessing it through Amazon Prime

May 30th - June 1st: Round 1 

June 2nd - 3rd: Round 2 

June 4th - 5th: Round 3

June 6th - 7th: Round 4

June 8th -9th: Quarter-Finals 

June 10th -11th: Semi-Finals

June 12th: Women’s Singles Final

June 13th: Men’s Singles Final

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I cannot see Eurosport 4K anywhere on my TV 360 box. Am I alone in this or has it not appeared as suggested by What HiFi?

It has not appeared

@mbdunn1 wrote:

I cannot see Eurosport 4K anywhere on my TV 360 box. Am I alone in this or has it not appeared as suggested by What HiFi?

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@kingdaveontour wrote:

https://mediaboyblog.blogspot.com/2021/07/exclusive-virgin-media-uk-start-tests.html?m=1

On test?

These channels have been available on the EPG for several days now covering the Olympic football prelims.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Eurosport 4K is on channel 523.

If you have UHD TV and a V6 and the channel isn't showing then using your remote control go to

Help & Settings > Help > Virgin T> go up to the top of the screen then TV Care and press OK >  Missing Channels.? > Refresh my channels list

This may take around 15 minutes to complete, however you can continue to use the V6 as normal.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali