cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eurosport 2 recorded programme glitching

Fresboy52
Tuning in

When watching back a recorded programme on Eurosport 2 I get terrible pixelation which makes it unwatchable , I have recently had the box replaced with a new one but am getting the same problem again . Have done all the rebooting stuff over and over . Proper fed up with this now . 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

How about when you pause the channel and watch delayed? That's effectively a recording and uses your hard drive in the same way.

Are recordings from any other channel, problematic?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you have any issues with Eurosport 2HD live channel? How about when you pause the channel and watch delayed? That's effectively a recording.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

If I watch Eurosport 2 HD live there are no issues at all , it's only when I watch a programme that I've recorded .. when I start playing the recording it pixelates intermittently and becomes unwatchable . This is why I had the box replaced but it clearly hasn't solved the problem.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

How about when you pause the channel and watch delayed? That's effectively a recording and uses your hard drive in the same way.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Fresboy52,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some picture issues with a recorded programme!

I can understand how frustrating this can be. Can you confirm if you've double checked the cables that are going into your TV and your TV box to ensure that they're all secure?

Are you able to let us know the answer to @japitts ' questions about your recordings? 

Is this happening on more than one recorded channel?

How is the image after you pause and replay a live channel?

Please keep us updated and we'll be more than happy to help. 

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Sorry for the delay in reply , I've paused it live , then played it and it's glitching badly . Not found any other channels so far that are doing it .

Ok so an update , I'm currently watching Eurosport 2 live and it's glitching badly ... This isn't recorded it's what I'm watching live while typing this .. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Fresboy52,

I've just checked Eurosport 2 and there are no problems on my 360.

This may be due to a signal  issue. Check all your connections are snug and tight, especially the white coaxial cable.

VM channels are grouped in muxe's, rather like the way Freeview channels are carried on terrestrial TV.

Check the channels in the screenshot below. They are all from the same cluster of channels.

If you have the same issues with them then it's a signal issue and will more than likely require a tech visit

Clipboard01.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Fresboy52 wrote:

Ok so an update , I'm currently watching Eurosport 2 live and it's glitching badly ... This isn't recorded it's what I'm watching live while typing this

If you have problems with live TV, then this is likely a signal issue - which will affect all resultant recordings.

If live TV is ok but problems are on all recorded content, then it's probably a hard drive problem.

You'll certainly need a tech visit for a HDD problem and it'll probably mean a replacement box. The signal scenario could be - potentially - anywhere between your box and the streetcab.

Hi Fresboy52

Thanks for coming back to us.

Sorry it's not fixed.

I've just ran a diagnostic now and it says sending a hit to refresh the box should fix it. I've done this now, could you reboot the box for me (unplug, leave off for around 5 mins and then replug in) 

Let me know if this fixes it 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill