cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error codes

petersladdie
Dialled in

so just as the first F1 practice session was coming to a close my TV service and internet rebooted itself and then I had error code C133. I managed to find out that there was a fault in my area when I was sent a link from VM Customer Services. I had problems with the pages in the link when I tried to find out what exactly the error code meant. it did tell me how to reset my router though !

lots of problems with this. firstly there is no human interaction so is it fair to call it customer services? secondly I submitted my mobile number for an update on the service issue but have not had an update although I am now happily watching the practise 2. and lastly why oh why don't you capitalise the letter I on this forum ?????

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

C133 often indicates a lost connection to the TiVo platform. Check your V6's internet connection is working by watching an OnDemand programme.

If that works, then follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network > Connect to VM Services now. You should have an IP address in the top-right corner, and the error should clear.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Morning @petersladdie, and thanks for your post on our Community Forums!

Sorry to hear of the disruption caused to your viewing of the F1

I've looked into the local area, and there doesn't appear to be any issues showing.

Are you still experiencing this fault? If so, is this happening on all channels?

Do please also review the advice issues by @japitts for me and hopefully you'll be in a position to report back to us with good news

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

David, thank you. yesterday was just as bad. I had planned to watch the FA Cup football and the F1 using my TV and laptop. for the first half of the early football match I had to switch from VM channel 103 to Freeview to watch without picture and sound break up. for the second half I used the ITV Hub on my laptop. unusually the ITV Hub buffered a lot and I had to reboot it once too.  when I tuned into Sky Sports F1 channel on my TV there was more picture and sound break up. I rang 150 and received a text with a link that took me to a page where I could run a test and it found there was a problem but I had to wait 24 hours to see if it cleared! The picture got better and I managed to watch the race without any problems. I was able to watch the second FA Cup match on the BBC i player on my laptop with no buffering too. so far there has been no more interference. it is taking me a long time to get used to the way that VM handle customer services, it has become clear that they do not want to speak to the customers in person. I know that using technology is probably more efficient for the service provider but as a customer I do not feel valued at all.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@petersladdie wrote:

David, thank you. yesterday was just as bad. I had planned to watch the FA Cup football and the F1 using my TV and laptop. for the first half of the early football match I had to switch from VM channel 103 to Freeview to watch without picture and sound break up.....when I tuned into Sky Sports F1 channel on my TV there was more picture and sound break up

You've now mentioned picture pixellation, which is a different problem to what you described in your first post.

Are you viewing Sky Sports F1 in SD or HD? In the case of ITV-HD, is ITV+1-SD or C4-HD similarly affected?

If you're viewing Sky F1 in HD, please also check Sky Sports Action HD & C5-HD. If you're viewing Sky F1 in SD, please check ITV2+1-SD & 4-Seven-SD.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi petersladdie

Thanks for your post 
Sorry to hear this is still ongoing 
I can look into this for you 
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L