cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code v1254

Marshy84
On our wavelength

Good evening Iv done box rest Iv google the code and nothing On multiple channels I get channel not available error v1254 Iv done a service check and all is well 

anyone else having this problem 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

103 is ITV HD.

Can you view Channel 4 in either SD or HD? 104 is SD & 141 is HD (except in London). Same question for ITV+1 in (Ch 114)

I'm presuming the channels in question are not greyed out in your EPG (TV Guide) and are selectable, but for this error? Another couple of things to try are...

1: Do you have any recordings on your box, from the same channels you're having issues with? If so - do they play ok?

2: Can you try following Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > I'm missing some channels, and select the option for a channel refresh.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you have a V6 or a 360? Check at this page if you're not sure.

You've mentioned checking status - was that online? Or by using 0800 5610061. The phone line often lists issues down to street/postcode level.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Marshy84
On our wavelength

V6 

yes did on line check and showing all fine in my area

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's worth trying the automated line too, if you've not already.

Are there any particular channels affected by this error?

A single box restart is always worth trying - Home > Help & Settings > Clear or restart

Marshy84
On our wavelength

On demand is ok it’s live tv channels that are effected 

call and customer service couldn’t see any problems said theirs nothing wrong 

I’d help I had to explain the error code 4 times as the lady didn’t no what I was telling her

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried restarting your V6?

Are there any particular channels affected by this error? You've referred to "multiple channels" but can you be more specific?

Marshy84
On our wavelength

Yes reset the box 

BBC1 itv1 few sky channels 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is that BBC1-SD (101) or BBC1-HD (108)?

Same question for ITV - 103 or 113? And which Sky channels?

I'm trying to establish if there's any commonality here (that you may not realise but I/we might) - so specific individual channel names/numbers would be useful.

Marshy84
On our wavelength

101 103 we do really use HD channels

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

103 is ITV HD.

Can you view Channel 4 in either SD or HD? 104 is SD & 141 is HD (except in London). Same question for ITV+1 in (Ch 114)

I'm presuming the channels in question are not greyed out in your EPG (TV Guide) and are selectable, but for this error? Another couple of things to try are...

1: Do you have any recordings on your box, from the same channels you're having issues with? If so - do they play ok?

2: Can you try following Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > I'm missing some channels, and select the option for a channel refresh.