cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code for v6 c423

Kazza6463
Joining in

Last week I couldn’t get my printer to connect to my hub 3 I rang virgin tech team and they said that my 2.4ghz had been disabled they enabled it and great I can now print with air print nut the down side is that I now cannot get my v6 box’s to talk to each other I keep getting error code c423 virgin tech say I need a booster ut I have never needed one before can any one help 

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sounds like your V6 is connected to your home-hub by wireless.

The first thing to check is the received WiFi signal strength- follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and check the top-right.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your reply I put in manually to find the hub 3 on 5ghz and problem sorted no need for boosters although signal strength down to 35%

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Kazza6463 wrote:

Thanks for your reply I put in manually to find the hub 3 on 5ghz and problem sorted no need for boosters although signal strength down to 35%

Yep - 35% is insufficient for a V6 to run on wireless reliably, that will be the underlying cause of any connectivity issues you have - C423 errors included.

I'm not sure why 2.4Ghz would be disabled, but that's certainly something worth a try, it generally has better range than 5Ghz. I don't use my SH as a router, and have no idea whether this band can be toggled on/off individually. @jbrennand  might know, but I suspect a reset of your router may be needed here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I dont use VM Hubs as a router - I too always use my own system.

I think there are reports of "spontaneous disabling" being due to a firmware update but I cant confirm that.

I would suggest that on a Hub3, you separate the SSID's of the 2.4 and 5 GHz wifi bands by renaming them in the settings and at the same time switch off "channel optimisation" apply and save the settings. All wifi devices will need reconnecting to the best SSID at each location. Also use a wifi scanning App to find the best wifi channels to use (just select and use channels 1,6,11 on 2.4GHz) - this often helps Hub3 users get better wifi performance (but its still no substitute for getting your own better kit 🙂 )

The V6 should then detect the two SSID's and you can select each in turn to check connectivity signal quality and connect to the best one.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hey Kazza6463,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thanks for your first post.

I'm pleased to hear you were able to find a resolution to the issue yourself.

Thanks @jbrennand and @japitts for all your help 🙂

Beth

Beth