cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code W02

shopper
Joining in

hello I would like to book an engineer to resolve my error code issue. All cables are intact, some channels work and other channels are glitching. My TiVo box works perfect. It’s just this V6 box that has issues. I can’t call the 150 number as on holiday and don’t want to pay the charges from a mobile phone. I would be grateful for an appointment on either of the following days please: 15th, 16th, 22nd or 23rd July.

regards, Suk  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've mentioned having 2 boxes and only one is affected, so that suggests the fault is either with the box or your internal cabling. After you return from holiday, could you try swapping the 2 boxes around and see if the fault follows the move? If it does, that'll show the box as faulty. If not, then you'll have a cabling fault. Knowing this, will greatly expedite whatever fix is necessary.

Staff will generally take a couple of days to respond on here, but calls to VM's 0345 number are charged at a landline rate - so whatever your mobile costs to call a UK landline, will be the same charge to any UK 03xx number.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

shopper
Joining in

Re my earlier post sorry the dates available e are 22nd, 23rd and 29th July. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've mentioned having 2 boxes and only one is affected, so that suggests the fault is either with the box or your internal cabling. After you return from holiday, could you try swapping the 2 boxes around and see if the fault follows the move? If it does, that'll show the box as faulty. If not, then you'll have a cabling fault. Knowing this, will greatly expedite whatever fix is necessary.

Staff will generally take a couple of days to respond on here, but calls to VM's 0345 number are charged at a landline rate - so whatever your mobile costs to call a UK landline, will be the same charge to any UK 03xx number.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @shopper.

Welcome to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry to see that you have been having issues with your V6 box.

Is your V6 box plugged in at the moment? I was able to locate your account using your forums details, I am unable to run diagnostics at the moment as it is showing as unreachable.

Please let me know.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hello, I’ll advise tomorrow as I’m away overnight just now. 

regards Suk 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Something else to check after you return, is your V6 power-saving options.

Under Home > Help & Settings > Settiings > Devices > Power-saving...

"Eco low-power" keeps your scheduled recordings going, but disables remote access

"Connected low-power" enables remote access to your box for setting & managing recordings, amongst other things.