cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code W02 - signal error

Teresalsadler
Joining in

Hi,

I'm persistently getting error code W02 on channel 522 Eurosport 2 HD. 

The only way I can get it back is to power off my box for several hours (usually overnight, simple power off for 10 mins and restart doesn't work) and even then the channel is only available for less than 24 hours before the picture starts to pixilate, the channel disappears and the W02 error comes up again.

Have tried several times to run the online service checks but it gets to 'Checking your connection' and never completes.  There are never any TV issues in my area at the time.

No other channels are affected.  All cables are fine.

I've even tried retuning to make sure sll the channels are picked up.

Please advise if a new box is required or if there is something else which will fix this issue permanently?

Thanks in advance,

Teresa Sadler

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If Eurosport 2HD is affected, check also any of the following channels that are in your package.. Sky Sports Cricket HD, Sky Family HD, Sky Comedy HD, Cartoon Network HD, TLC-HD, Sony TV HD, Quest HD. I suspect they might also be affected and you don't realise.

I'm also curious how you've tried retuning your box.. Otherwise, W02 is a loss-of-signal error so standard advice for "my picture is pixellated" appies:

If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene by means of a tech visit.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I did the retuning via the Help & Settings menu on my box.  No idea if it was actually doing anything but it said it would take 15 mins....

I have Sky Comedy HD (which I use fairly often) and TLC HD (never watch) and they're both fine.

There isn't enough alcohol in the world for me to be able to deal with the trauma of making a call to Virgin so I'll wait for a response on here, but thank you for your reply.  🙂

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Teresalsadler wrote:

I did the retuning via the Help & Settings menu on my box.  No idea if it was actually doing anything but it said it would take 15 mins....🙂

There is no facility to retune on VM TV boxes. I suspect you've used the "connect to Virgin Media services now" option, which for all intents is just an EPG update menu.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I think I"ve caused your confusion by misusing the term retune.  The facility to check for missing channels is within Help > TV Care.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That menu function is to restore channels that are incorrectly greyed out in the EPG, and therefore inaccessible for selection.

If you can select a channel to view, but have a problem with it - that's a different scenario and is what you've reported.