cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code A01

2sticks66
Joining in

Over the past 2 weeks I have not been able to connect to any apps such as Amazon prime, Netflix, You Tube and others. I get the Error Code A01. O have called 150 and I have reset router, reconnected the box and still this error occurs. Yesterday I called 150 and they told me it was a long term fault and they have no idea when it will be resolved. Is anyone else having the same problem and have managed to get a successful resolution. Thanks in advance

13 REPLIES 13

And you wonder why customers leave. Connections checked all connections  coming in to the house and then all connections checked on the router (router has been reset twice on on instructions from lady over the phone) All the next checks have been completed on advice from a conversation over the phone. All connections running to the box checked and made sure they are not over tightened. Same with the box all connections checked as before. TV Speed checked all good. Connected to network several times all good.

So I have done everything asked by your colleagues over the phone. A box was ordered whilst I was on the phone. Its never arrived.

Everyone has told me to check connections all done. Told to reset everything all done.

Now to add insult to injury your flippant attitude of it might be a duff box your words. Well that was the case 2 weeks ago so a new box was ordered !!! And you are intentionally not getting in to a debate over pricing. Amazing customer service. I pay £94 per month I have spent numerous time on the phone having checked all connections with the plastic spanner you provide. And I have Apps that I pay for but cannot use.

Also FYI I was told twice that fault A01 is.  A fault  that there is no timescale or solution to fixing it. At least the others said the box maybe faulty not a duff box as you called it. 

Finally the tone of your message is deplorable. I will go and restart my possible "Duff" box for the umpteenth time

Hi Zach. I have just gone through the whole events with Japitts whose customer service is appaling. He stated I might have a duff box "his words" and then he " intentionally will not have a debate over pricing".

Zach i have restarted or reset everything all on the instructions of the phone operative who like yourself were trying to get a solution. I have had a new box ordered (supposibly) that has never arrived. Nothing against you Zach but we are going round in circles.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just to avoid any doubt here, I'm not VM staff. If you click the link in the auto-signature on all my posts, you'll see some info on the forum-VIP programme of which I'm an invited member. VIP members (identified by the "rank" underneath our forum usernames) are just normal customers like yourself, but have particular expertise in areas of VM product or service, and the programme gives us some extra privileges including the ability to support the VM staff team on these boards with queries that can be rectified without needing account-specific access.

With all this in mind, and to the best of my knowledge, there is no national fault causing A01 errors. However, this can often be caused by connectivity issues that are preventing your box from communicating with VM's back-end servers. That's not always the case, but often is. It can sometimes be unfortunate if you've run C/S based troubleshooting for a fault, and have to repeat it on these boards, but - as per above - the majority of the advice you get on this forum is from other customers like yourself.

I'm quite happy to take no further part in this thread, but will offer @Zach_R or any of the staff team to assist via PM if that's any use in this case.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good evening @2sticks66

As japitts has mentioned he isn't part of the customer services team, however he is a very valued member of our community. 

I have also not heard of the A01 error message, however there are a few issues that I would like to contribute, I have taken a look over your V6 box and can see that there is an input level issue and a lot of pre RS errors. 

I would like to to arrange for an engineer to come and attend your property. So that I can do this, I will need to pop you over a PM so that I can confirm some account information,  You can find this in the purple envelope on the top right of the screen. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M