cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code A01

2sticks66
Joining in

Over the past 2 weeks I have not been able to connect to any apps such as Amazon prime, Netflix, You Tube and others. I get the Error Code A01. O have called 150 and I have reset router, reconnected the box and still this error occurs. Yesterday I called 150 and they told me it was a long term fault and they have no idea when it will be resolved. Is anyone else having the same problem and have managed to get a successful resolution. Thanks in advance

13 REPLIES 13

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All the functions you describe use the internet, so a good first check is whether your V6 has a working internet connection. As an aside, is your V6 connected to your hub wired or wirelessly?

Can you use OnDemand ok? If you're not sure, try watching a CatchUp programme from ITV, C4 or C5 - does it work? Then try a BBC CatchUp programme which uses the iPlayer app, same question.

Another test is the TV speed check: Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > TV Speed check.

You've mentioned this happening since 2 weeks- have you changed any hardware or made any equipment changes that could have caused this?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

2sticks66
Joining in

Thank you for your reply I have done a TV speed test and all is ok. So that's all my equipment checked and all the results are correct. It still seems to be a fault with Virgin as I was told on the phone.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

How about...

Can you use OnDemand ok? If you're not sure, try watching a CatchUp programme from ITV, C4 or C5 - does it work? Then try a BBC CatchUp programme which uses the iPlayer app, same question.

Do the ITV, C4 or C5 branded apps work?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Good Evening @2sticks66

Can you please confirm if this fault is still on going?

I can see you've been able to speak to our team since your post, but they don't seem to give an awful lot away..

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David.

I had a conversation with someone in the complaints.department and they said I needed a new box which she ordered whilst I was on the phone.

That was a week ago and I have no new V6 box no email giving me a tracking number that I was told I would receive.

I have totally had enough I am paying a lot of money for a inadequate service after being a loyal customer for years.

I am now researching deals from other providers and at the moment Sky are offering me a far better deal.

Hi there @2sticks66 

Thank you so much for your post and I am so sorry to see you are facing this issue with your box! 

Can I just double check, are you using a third party router at all or do you only have our Hub and V6 box? 

Thank you. 

Hi 

we are not using a third party router. The router was supplied by yourselves. All connections have been checked and checked again. The V6 Box is not wired to the router.

I would like to discuss some sort of compensation because we are paying for a service of inferior quality and not receiving the box which evidently was ordered was on the phone is absolutely demoralizing and I was asked if the complaint could be closed as it had been resolved !!!!!! I have an offer from Sky which is substantially lower than what I am paying now. I am finding it very hard to find a reason to stay after over 10 years as a loyal customer.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@2sticks66 

Is your V6 working at the moment? Reading the history of this thread and your comments about "all connections being checked", can you elaborate on how this is being done? I'm not seeing clear evidence from the posts thus far, that a connectivity issue has been ruled out. Perhaps I've missed something, but it's all too easy to say "I've checked it all" without explaining how.

I'm intentionally not getting into a debate about pricing. Let's clarify the technical side first, to not overcomplicate this unnecessarily. You may have a duff box, or you may just have an issue with connectivity that's - as yet - undiagnosed.

Hi @2sticks66,

Would you mind clarifying and specifying what troubleshooting you've done thus far? This is to ensure that nothing is repeated where possible, but also so we don't miss anything and get this sorted out for you ASAP.

In regards to a credit, please refer to our credit policy.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!