Menu
DaveyP16
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Error code 7400

Hi,

I got the box today, I get error code 7400.  I rang through to customer services, I waited 45 minutes.  The guy then told me he needed to pop me on hold for 5 minutes to speak to the activation team.  He dropped me back in the queue and I've been waiting another 50 minutes and not spoke to anyone.

Can the activation be done via this forum?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error code 7400

Sorry, but no it can't be. Out of interest, was this a replacement box or a new install?

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/7400 gives a few steps to try before you call, but this often requires C/S intervention.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

DaveyP16
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I already had virgin broadband.  It was the addition of a tivo box.  Internet is working fine.

Thanks for the reply.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Righto, I'm presuming it was self-install by QuickStart rather than manned install?

The only thing to check... I presume it was a V6 and not a TiVo (check here ) in which case just be aware the V6 does need two separate connections.

TV signals come down your white coax, the internet connection is via your VM homehub - ideally this is done over Ethernet cable, but WiFi can work as well. If the box doesn't have an internet connection, numerous functions will fail.. and activation is likely one of them.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

DaveyP16
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yeah its the V6.  

When checking through the settings its goes through al of the tests, connects to network (via wifi) etc. Just have very limited amount of channels and that error box floating on the scree.  When I run the test via the web test page it says 'it looks like your service has been disconnected'

Yes it was a self install.

0 Kudos
DaveyP16
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It is impossible to get this sorted.  3 times i've been through to someone in customer services for them to just drop me back in the queue.  

Just going to cancel it at this rate. so frustrating.

0 Kudos