cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code 602 AGAIN!!!!

Debbied30
Dialled in

Once again on demand/catch up crashing with error code 602, whilst trying to watch a film on sky movies. I have a new box, as the old one just died on us. What the hell is going on and what am I paying £110 for! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Debbied30 

You've posted in both TiVo & V6 boards and it's best to keep to one thread per issue, so I've merged them for you.

Which box do you have, the advice will differ. If you're not sure, check here 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

18 REPLIES 18

Debbied30
Dialled in

No you aren’t the only one. We’ve just had a box replaced as the last one died! This one constantly crashes with error code 602 with on demand or catch-up. I pay for sky movies and just tried to watch a film & it keeps crashing, saying it’s an internet fault? 
I’ve been with Virgin for many years, currently paying £110 a month and I’m sorry but this is not good enough and needs sorting! 

Debbied30
Dialled in

Once again on demand/catch up crashing with error code 602, whilst trying to watch a film on sky movies. I have a new box, as the old one just died on us. What the hell is going on and what am I paying £110 for! 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Debbied30 

You've posted in both TiVo & V6 boards and it's best to keep to one thread per issue, so I've merged them for you.

Which box do you have, the advice will differ. If you're not sure, check here 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Looks like the V6 as that’s the remote I have.

Thanks for your help by the way x

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

On the basis that you have a V6... (I've moved the thread to the V6 board)

OnDemand for your V6 is carried via your homehub with the onward internet conneciton. How's your V6 connected to your homehub? Is it wireless or Ethernet cable?

If it's wireless, the first thing to check is the signal strength. Follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and report what is shown in the top-right?

The same underlying tech is used for all OnDemand programmes with the exception of the BBC iPlayer. Problems affecting one are likely to affect them all.

Yes it’s definitely a V6 and connected wireless. Just tried to watch a recorded program & it crashed again with the error code 602. Went into settings & it was registering 30% again. So I’ve rebooted the router pressing the WPS button and it went up to 67%. Yes it happens on iPlayer/Netflix/Prime/Sky Cinema and anything I’ve recorded. So all pretty [REMOVED]  really. Maybe I have to do this everytime 😤

Thanks for the help and advice. VM not being too great atm it seems.

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Recorded programmes are being played straight from your V6's hard drive and don't have anything to with the internet connection. So if you're having issues with that, something else is wrong.

If VoD is dropping with your wireless reporting 30%, then you've identified the cause of your issues as insufficient WiFi.

The fact that a reconnection doubles your signal is curious but not surprising - I suspect if your superhub is in default config, that your V6 could be swapping between the 2.4 & 5Ghz wireless bands - preferring the 5Ghz but falling back to 2.4Ghz because of insufficient strength.

If this is the case, and certainly as a diagnostic exercise, the next step could be to separate the bands out into different network names and force every device in your home - V6 included - to connect to one or the other band, manually.

I don't use the SH as a router, but (edited post).... check out post-6 from @jbrennand in this thread for some pointers on tweaking your superhub settings.

Thanks again, I understand a lot of what you say, will deffo check out the thread regarding the SH settings.

One last question, do you think my new box is either not that new!!! or faulty again. Last one crashed and died completely.