Menu
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 61 of 97
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error c119

Hi tom4,

Thanks for posting on the community.

I hope this has been resolved for you now but if not please let me know what's happening with the box.

Are there any error messages/blank screens?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Brandonsanders
Joining in
Message 62 of 97
Flag for a moderator

On the installing software at the preparing stage mine has been having errors and very much seems like it's on your side, I've been sent a new tv box but if this then doesn't work as well, that's would have been a waste of my time plus waste of money as I'm not getting the services I expected to have in the first place.
Is there any tips etc?
Really stuck.
0 Kudos
jiperz
Joining in
Message 63 of 97
Flag for a moderator

Hi I am also experiencing an installation failure. I get Error C119 on my Tivo box.  It always fails at the connection phase right after preparing.  I got told by the call centre and Installation engineer that it is an outage at their end as their computer system had crashed!? that would be fixed within 24 hours but it is still not working.  I also got told to keep repeating the instalI process and it will eventually work.  I have been doing so but it strikes me as a slightly insane thing to do as I always get the same result. I also think this is a very poor service and my first experience of Virgin media.  Sending out engineers to install when your system is down is crazy. I am on the verge of cancelling and sticking with overpriced sky where at least I get a reliable service. To be fair after some prolonged complaining over the phone yesterday I was given a free upgrade to sky sports for 6 months but it's not very useful if your system isn't installed.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Josh_RW
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 64 of 97
Flag for a moderator

Hi jiperz,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm really sorry you've had trouble with your new install.

Is your service up and running yet? If not, give me a shout and I'll check it out for you.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
ktomlin
Tuning in
Message 65 of 97
Flag for a moderator

Hello. I'm getting this exact error in exactly the same way as the other posts on this thread. Error C119 at the verifying stage. I talked to VM V6 tech support, they tried rebooting the SuperHub (??????? why???? what has the superhub got to do with the STB?) 

I have an 'engineer' booked to try to fix it, but reading other posts in this long thread it looks like the problem is not at my end. Will the 'engineer' be able to fix anything if the problem is at VM's end? 

Going by the length of this thread it has been going on for months with no fix. Is the only thing to keep trying? Will I have to keep trying for days & days as other posters have had to do? 

Henners123
Just joined
Message 66 of 97
Flag for a moderator

Same here sending an engineer out Tuesday. I want 3 days refunding.
GregHall
Just browsing
Message 67 of 97
Flag for a moderator

Hi all

I've had the exact same problem which has now been resolved. (1 week later).

It's frustrating as hell. You clear all of the checks and then finally on the verification just keeps on spinning to finally reveal a C119 error.

Firstly this error is a connection error which means your TiVo box can't connect to the servers. In my case it was because I hadn't been provided with the correct cables in order to do so. I had connected the screw in cable (provided with router) from the wall into my router and then tried connecting the TiVo box via an Ethernet cable to the router, then connecting the Ariel directly from the wall the into the back of the box.

Incorrect - the Ariel signal must also come from the screw in cable port in the wall. Meaning your set up is connected using one screw in cable from the wall that then splits into two, one end should then connect to your router with the other end connecting to your TiVo. (This splitter cable) was missing from my home install kit and was the reason a connection couldn't be found. You will still need your Ethernet cable connected (unless going wireless) but your wall Ariel lead now becomes redundant as this signal is now coming from the splitter (same port as router).

Engineer sorted this within 15mins. Hope this post might help some of you out as when I was reading through it, not many answers were posted, just a repeat of the same problem. Also make sure all subscribed channels are working before engineer leaves as this might need him to reset.

Greg
ktomlin
Tuning in
Message 68 of 97
Flag for a moderator

Well, the 'engineer' has come & gone. He rebooted the box, and surprise, surprise, it still gave the same error C119. He played with his phone a bit then he declared that the problem was elsewhere and he couldn't fix it. He left it 'staged to D5'. He thought it would [magically] start working later today. It didn't.

What a complete waste of time, effort and money.

While I haven't been able to use the V6 box, I have received an email which states:"Now you're free to watch
TV wherever you want". No, I can't because the box you supplied doesn't work.

I also received another email, subject "Congratulations on your new Virgin TV V6 box", which says "Your smaller, faster, smarter Virgin TV V6 box is here". No it isn't, the box does not work.

The fact that you are sending me emails saying how wonderful the new V6 box is is utterly galling when the box does not work.

I would like to thank the members of the forum team for replying to my previous post above. I would like to bust as there was no response I will not.

So, now I have a V6 box that doesn't work. I have been sent packaging to send back the old Tivo box. I'm not sending back the old box because that actually works.

If anyone from VM can be bothered to read this, please provide a sensible solution. This C119 error is affecting lots of people. The lack of response from VM with any answers is pitiful.

0 Kudos
Tully84
Tuning in
Message 69 of 97
Flag for a moderator

Just received my new v6 box today Installed router with no issues. But like everybody else gettting C119 error at verification stage. After many attempts went back to watch TV via arial and will attempt again tomorrow.
0 Kudos
brydgesr
Tuning in
Message 70 of 97
Flag for a moderator

I also have the same problem with the V6 I tried to self install today, fails at verification with C119 or C219 error depending on whether you connect by wire or wireless.

I've tried setting it up wired and wireless and connecting to Superhub, then my own router with the Superhub in modem mode. The results is the same "could not verify info".

0 Kudos