Menu
Tycow
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 97
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error c119

Right... I spoke to a very nice senior manager in the second line support team about this. He said that Virgin are now aware of the issue, however at the time of speaking there is no reference number available to refer to when calling them (this may have changed between then and now). 

Basically, as we guessed, it is a problem with a Virgin system, and every V6 (and possibly TiVo box) activated today has been afflicted by this error. He said that from their end, my V6 box was showing up as activated, and was accessible via their systems (as it should be). Their network team are working on it; his advice was to reboot the box every hour to see if they've fixed it. 😕

Julieh9
Tuning in
Message 12 of 97
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Tycow I will keep rebooting, let's hope it's sorted today.

0 Kudos
Roobin
Tuning in
Message 13 of 97
Flag for a moderator

I'm also having this very frustrating issue. The engineer left me with the same error on screen telling me I would receive a call from Virgin within 2 hours to verify the box, and if I didn't to call him on his mobile. After 2 hours I had had no call, so I called the engineer on his mobile as he instructed, left messages etc and he never picked up or called back. I called Virgin, followed all the prompts and as always happens after going through the rigmarole of giving them my details I was told that the system had put me through to the wrong department. 

Finally discovered that the correct department to speak to is called the 'LIGHTNING FMC TEAM'. However, they still haven't solved the problem. 

I am going to be asking for a refund of 1 day of my monthly payment as they have not been providing the service I am paying for. I suggest that everyone else with the same issue do the same, and perhaps they will learn to communicate problems with their paying customers a little better in the future.

Community Manager (Retired) James_W
Community Manager (Retired)
Message 14 of 97
Flag for a moderator

Hi

We are aware of this error - and if a reboot doesn't resolve it, then we're going to have to wait for the engineers to provide a solution.

So sorry about this.

James

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
timbur
Tuning in
Message 15 of 97
Flag for a moderator

Exactly the same problem here - box installed yesterday at 13:00 - still getting C119 error - getting very fed up with constant reboots

Klaus1970
Tuning in
Message 16 of 97
Flag for a moderator

Over 24 hours now with no tv on new v6 box. 

0 Kudos
AdamMarslan
Tuning in
Message 17 of 97
Flag for a moderator

Same here. 3pm yesterday v6 isntalled. C119 ever since. I understand these things happen, but you could do more to keep us up to date with what's happening to resolve it.
Roobin
Tuning in
Message 18 of 97
Flag for a moderator

Exactly, it's the lack of formal communication about the problem and what they're doing about it that is so frustrating.
Eviman42
On our wavelength
Message 19 of 97
Flag for a moderator

2 new v6 boxes fitted yestetday engineer left without getting them working c119 just told me to keep trying.Rung virgin told someone would call still waiting.No tv at all.
Pdryburgh
Joining in
Message 20 of 97
Flag for a moderator

Mine started at 4pm wed evening no further forward no contact from virgin. As a new customer I'm left thinking it was a wrong decision may head back to sky
0 Kudos