cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error S104

Doc5050
Joining in

Have been stuck on this screen since Thursday now, no amount of restarts will fix it. 

The most annoying part is being told my Customer Service Agents that I’m telling them the wrong error code! 

It’s definitely S104. 

Engineer was out on Saturday and advised couldn’t do anything until outage had been marked fully resolved, have heard nothing since. 

Called CS today who state no notes from engineer to state issue unresolved, when does this end and how can we get this fixed? 

6 REPLIES 6

Steve1701
Rising star

Hi @Doc5050 

I'm not sure if this works but the s104 issue has come up previously:

Switch your box off, unplug the white cable from the back, then switch back on again. Wait for it to get stuck on 16%, then reconnect the cable.

🤞

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

Thanks Steve, unfortunately doesn’t work for us. 

Ahh,

It was a long shot and worth a try.

Hopefully one of the Forum Team will be able to help you out.

🤞

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is the error happening on all broadcast channels, or just particular ones?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Doc5050 

I googled and found the same information as @Steve1701  It's a shame it didn't work.

There is no S104 error showing in the VM error codes however the following 2 may be the connected or the same as the description matches your experience, 'Unable to aquire channel information'

tv-error-code/S102 

/tv-error-code/S101 

It may take you through checking all the cables internally and externally,  and test your V6 box.

At the end of it you may be asked to contact faults again.  If you get the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc, ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

Please let us know if this helps.

If it doesn't then hopefully a member of the Forum Team will pick this up in a day or two.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi there @Doc5050

Thank you so much for your post and I am so sorry that you have had this error code and our engineer was unable to assist during the outage! 

Can I ask how things are looking now? Is the error code still present? 

Thank you.