Menu
redwing
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Error Code S102

Hello. 

My Box was showing nothing so I turned it off then on again. It was liading channels then I got the error code S102. Ive searched for ways to solve ut but it seems a signal has to be sent? 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error Code S102

Hi is this a new or replacement V6 box. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
redwing
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hello. Its a replacement for a faulty box but its around 3 months since ive had it now. Seemed to be working ok. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

As per https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/s102 you need to call VM to resolve this error.

It is often account-specific.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi when you Google the code it states unable to acquire channel information, and recommends call 150 free from a virgin phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone go down the TV faults route, in the meantime try pressing home, go to help and settings, settings, network, reconnect to the virgin media network services now. If that doesn't work phone it in. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
redwing
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Yes thanks for the replies. I did google all that and i know the answer is to call them but they also tell you to try to forum first as they resend the signal from posts on here too. 

I hate calling this company its always a massive wait, had to many problems with virgin. Anyway thanks 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

It is indeed true that VM are encouraging many users to find self-help solutions online where that's an option, it frees up C/S staff to deal with those queries that need their intervention.

When the error code help says to call in, it says that because self-help has failed to resolve.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
redwing
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

What help do you think your being telling me that?

As i said if you search these forums as i did there are many instances where the person has been sent a signal from the forum and not on the phone thats why i posted. If you dont know an answer to the problem or just going to repeat whats been said then dont reply. 

I spose you could just keep adding to the thread and tell me again to call when i already answered that. 

0 Kudos
redwing
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Screenshot_20201228_182611_com.android.chrome.jpg

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Not all VM Forum Staff have access to the same systems. Also Forum Staff can take up to a week to respond to a thread.

Japitts is advising you of the correct, and quickest route to follow.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos