cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code 669 when trying to play On Demand

jay82p
Tuning in

I keep getting Stream temporarily available error code 669 when trying to play on demand content.

It works when the box is restarted, (not standby but power cycle which takes around 5 mins) but stops working again in a few hours.

Can you please help?

11 REPLIES 11

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jay82p thanks for your post here in the Community, although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

This is a strange one, as Stream shouldn't be showing if you don't have a Stream box and you're simply trying to play regular On Demand content such as BBC, ITV etc.

If this is still happening for you, can you provide a screenshot of what's happening please? 

Many thanks

Tom_W

Sorry, the actual message is "the show is temporarily unavailable" (see attached image).

This goes away for a few hours if the box is restarted.

rsz_1img_20220910_235114_2_new.jpg

Thank you for that information. What happens if you follow the onscreen instructions?

^Martin

The troubleshooting page just has some answers around how to access and parental controls.

The service status link says there are no issues.

Thanks for coming back to the thread

Is this happening on every On Demand content or certain programs?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

On everything under On Demand. Nothing works until the box is restarted.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply jay82p. 

Can you please confirm how your box is connected to the Hub? Is this wired or wireless?

Also, can you please confirm if you have more than one box in your home and if so, does this happen across all of them? 

Thanks, 

Nat

It's a wired connection from the hub to the box.

Only one box is connected. A second box was supplied when I took the connection but that's still unopened as I dont need it.

Thank you for confirming this @jay82p

Is your V6 box connected to an Ultra HD 4K or 8K TV? 

Do you know if your TV supports HDCP 2.2? If so, please ensure that your HDMI also support HDCP 2.2

Do you have any other equipment both audio or other connected into your TV at the same time?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley