cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code 602

Mecheng
Tuning in

I have a TV V6 Box, and when I attempt to watch "Catch Up" TV programmes on any channel, I get to the last ten-fifteen minutes, then an error code message pops up stating the error code 602. I have undertaken the restarting of the programme, V6 Box and even left the router powered off and unplugged from the terminal box into the house overnight-all to no avail. 

I have contacted "Technical" that in itself is a woeful joke and SO VERY ANNOYING and yet again they have not managed to resolve the problem. The time duration for this problem is now over one month. I did get some information from "Technical"‌‌ ‌‌  😆 😆 😆, and "they" informed me the issue had been an ongoing fault since September last year.
Can someone who can speak English fluently and can also resolve the Fault contact me. Virgin Technical is an embarrassment  - if it were in a manufacturing company, it would have been closed years ago as its flaws are too numerous to correct.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Mecheng wrote:

The fault appears only to be with Virgin "Catch Up" on any channel and any program.

The problem (not for you, but to explain) with this statement, is that...

All channels & broadcasters who have programmes OnDemand on Virgin, use the same VOD platform as each other. Meaning issues with one would affect them all.

The BBC are an exception to that - all of their OnDemand programmes use the iPlayer platform, for which the VM box provides the app & internet-connection, but the playout is from different servers. A similar theory applies to streaming platforms such as Netflix, Amazon, YouTube etc.

If you can try a BBC programme, it would therefore be a useful experiment in whether your problem is with "streaming" in general, or with the VOD platform specifically.

As regards programmes under 15minutes, it would be very useful to find one and test it - although the choice could be dictated by whether you have access to boxsets, kids stuff etc.

Clearly your issue is a strange one, and I'm actually quite intrigued by it... but it's not common, so neither should the troubleshooting be.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Mecheng wrote:

I cannot use iPlayer as I Do Not have a TV licence.

It would only be fair to point out Section B9 of the Virgin Media T&C... (https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services )

"9. We will not continue to provide you with the television service if we find out that you do not have a valid television licence."

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

57 REPLIES 57

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Mecheng wrote:

I have a TV V6 Box, and when I attempt to watch "Catch Up" TV programmes on any channel, I get to the last ten-fifteen minutes, then an error code message pops up stating the error code 602.

Of all the posts about Error 602 that have been on here, that's a new symptom on me.

That you can get most of the way through the programme, and it only drops at the end, would suggest a connectivity issue to me. How is your V6 connected to your homehub?.. I'm hoping you're going to say wireless.

Hi, the V6 Box is hard wired using ethernet cables. I have since writing the Post had another communication from Virgin claiming the fault has been rectified; after closing all the system down leaving for thirty minutes I can definitely state the fault is still there.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VoD dropouts partway through a programme would normally be network or connectivity issues, but your ability to play initially seems to rule that out.

Are you watching on a 4K/UHD TV? If you are, can you drop your video output to 1080 and retry - just to eliminate HDCP issues. Also a single reboot via Help & Settings > Clear or restart.

Otherwise, the next obvious question - is this always happening the same amount of time "into" or "remaing of" a programme?

I am watching TV on a 1080 P Full HD Sony Bravia; Not UHD or 4k.

Regarding the "drop out point" it is always the same point or time into program.

I have recently been visited by a Technician and he replaced the box. I had this issue prior to the replacement also 

Cheers

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does the length of the programme make any difference?

How about if you've paused the playback partway through, or continued through without stopping?

It's always the end or approaching it (10-15 minutes). The only function I perform is fast forward of the advert sections, this I do all the time.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you try without fast forwarding the ads? I doubt it'll make any difference, but it'll prove the point.

There's clearly something odd/obscure happening here, the more things that can be eliminated, the better.

There is no change, fault is still there.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ok, 2 more thoughts...

Does it make any difference if the programme is under 15minutes long - easier said than done to find one and may take some searching, I admit.

I presume you've been using the standard VM-OnDemand platform, how about if the programme is being streamed from an app such as iPlayer?