cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 7400

hibbymalc
Tuning in

We downgraded our TV package and have been sent a new router. Router set up fine and devices connected to broadband. TV giving error 7400. Have activated account 4 hours ago yet still error 7400! Disconnected, reconnected and rebooted and still error 7400. Called Virgin Media help who advertise open till 8pm - closed! 
Any advice on how to resolve would be appreciated. Thanks. 

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @hibbymalc 

Have you tried calling the activation line 0800 953 9500?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Yes Dave tried that too. Thanks though. 

Hello hibbymalc, 

Sorry for both the delay in replying and the issue you are getting with the services.

Can I just ask how are things looking now?

Can you let me know if we need to look at this in more detail.

Gareth_L

Gareth error message still the same, 7400. Virgin media terminated TV in error. They are reporting May not be able to put us on for 48hours. Appalling service to be honest. Still no TV! 

Hi hibbymalc, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

I'm sorry to hear that the TV part of your package was deactivated. I know it's frustrating but we are only human and sometimes mistakes happen. 

The team will be able to re-add the TV back on although this may change the price of your package. Due to this you will need to call the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 so they can get this readded for you. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs