Menu
Highlighted
rebeccadearden
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Error 7400

Hi,

We recently change our TV service and canceled the internet due to my partner getting a connection through work. We have a V6 box and was advised another box would need to be sent out. We received another V6 box but left it boxed for the time being as we thought we had 30 days. About a week after calling to arrange this we lose internet access and lose most channels except 4 with error code 7400. I thought it was due to the change so attempted to plug the new box in but with no internet access it won't work. I was told this after an 1hr 30 on the phone to Virgin customer service/ support (passed back and forth). The final correspondence what I could understand was that they are sending out another box. This will take 5 - 10 days apprantley even though the wrong box come within 3 days. I just want it sorting now and really don't want to ring an overseas call centre again. As I feel they don't understand the problem sometimes. Can anyone help? Sorry for the long post. Thanks 

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Wise owl
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Error 7400

It looks as if your equipment has been deactivated.

Note that the V6 needs a connection to a coaxial cable and to the hub.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The V6 need Virgin Broadband to work, you'll need to get a Tivo

0 Kudos
rebeccadearden
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the feedback, I was told a new box would be sent out for the TV services I have. Do you know when this would be sent out please? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi rebeccadearden,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our forums page.

Very sorry to hear you have had trouble with your TV service and when you have tried to get this resolved. 

I am more than happy to take a look into your account to look into this order further for you. To be able to do this, I will need some more information from you.

I'll drop you a PM asking for the details I would need, if you can reply to this, I will be more than happy to help.

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos