cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 603

Loula1
Tuning in

Please can anyone help, been getting error code 603 for a couple of weeks now, been calling Customer Services and get cut off after holding for an hour each time........tried rebooting, checked all the cables, left box overnight to see if that would fix it.  Can't watch some recorded items, and now can't watch movies as keep getting this error.  Thanks for your help.

13 REPLIES 13

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the issue is still Error 603 with your OnDemand, there's no easy way of saying this is unlikely to be a fault and could well be a new feature.

If you're watching on a 4K UHD TV, then VOD on the V6 now requires all your A/V equipment to be (industry standard) HDCP 2.2 compliant, and if it's not then Error 603/604 or blank-screens after the lead-in adverts is the intentional behaviour.

Some older 4K TV's don't support HDCP 2.2 on all HDMI ports and you need to be sure of using the correct port. What's the make & model of your TV?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks so much for your comments.  It's a pretty new TV, less than 6 months, it's a samsung frame.  It was installed by our electrician as wall mounted and cables in wall.   Worked perfectly up until a couple of weeks ago

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Loula1,

Does your TV have a port marked MHL?  If so please try the HDMI cable in there.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

pjb8033
On our wavelength

I have had the 603 problem for 5 months+ had box changed twice, 20 complaints registered, hours of phone calls.

but, it is a simple fix i found - purchase a HDMI splitter from amazon £14.99

HDMI Splitter 1 in 2 Out - Techole 4K 2 Way HDMI Splitter, Aluminium Powered HDMI Switch Ver 1.4 HDCP Bypass, Supports 4K@30Hz 1080P 3D for PS4 Xbox Sky Box Fire Stick, DVD Player HDTV Projector etc

plug virgin box into input and TV/receiver into output, switch box off and back on again all works...