Network wired and working no problems

Any ideas ? 

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

Steve1701
Rising star

Hi tonic27,

You could try a full reset of the V6:

Home > Help & Settings > Clear or Reset Tivo Box > Clear & Delete Everything.

Beware though, this will remove all recordings, Series Links etc ... But it does also download a clean (uncorrupted) software version for the V6.

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

I had thought if this but I want to remain married.... Lol. 

Fair enough mate.

🤣

Though if the box happened to do it of its own accord (wink wink) she could hardly blame you. It might mean a week on the settee, and a bunch of flowers, but it's that or keep resetting lol.

🤔🤔🤔

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried a different HDMI port/cable?

Also the online advice?https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/603 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi, 

Yes I've tried different ports and hdmi cables form the really expensive ones I have to cheap ones. 

No difference

Hi,

While not wanting to be named in your divorce papers, I still think a full reset might help ...

Like you, all my cables are high quality (8K HDMI etc).

Sometimes you just have to bite the proverbial bullet 😕

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Before you unnecessarily go nuclear as advised by @Steve1701 .....

First let's establish the reason why your V6 is giving this error. You've mentioned that a reset of the V6 stops the error for a period before it recurs - can you confirm?

When you get the error, does dropping your video resolution to 1080 alter the problem?

I'm sure the advice from the other poster is well-intentioned, but it really is a last resort and there seems to be a few basic checks that are missing thus far.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi

I can confirm that a reset fixes the problem for a short period, I have tried the screen resolution to 1080 which made no difference

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In that case, I'd be minded towards this being a compatibility gremlin somewhere - if it was HDCP I'd expect the 1080 change to rectify. I'm also far from convinced that a reset of the V6 is anywhere near guaranteed to be a fix - it's as much a roll of the dice as any other fix, albeit with far more severe consequences.

What's the model number of your TV? And how is the HDMI chain - is it direct from V6 > TV, or is there anything else in-between - HDMI splitters or suchlike?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks