cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 53 seems regular now, since the big outtage of Dec 2021

moof
Fibre optic

since the major outage of Dec 3rd 2021, we've suffered with random channels being unavailable and 'not part of your package' displaying an error 53

this usually affects channels like BBC1-HD or ITV-HD on 871

usually a single channel, but sometimes more than one per night.

A reboot of the box usually resolves, but last night I gave up trying to get BBC1 on HD

....any idea as to why this has become a regular occurrence since the Virgin power issues of Dec 3, 2021?

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @moof 

I don't think error v53 is connected to the recent outage.

A few other customers where on the forums yesterday and earlier today saying they were seeing a black screen instead of BBC1 HD.

Most seemed to be in the Kent area and there was a message regarding the problem in Check service status at the top of the page.

If nothing is showing  there you could also try the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

V53 on a TiVo/V6 is often a signal issue, and as already explained - this will have nothing to do with the outage in early December.

Can you clarify which channels are affected, there may be a pattern to it without your realising.. You've mentioned "ITV HD on 871" but how about 103?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi moof,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear you've had some issues with a few channels.

Are you able to confirm if the SD channels are fine?

I've been able to locate your account using your forum information, at the moment the box isn't showing as unreachable, if you can ensure the box is switched on we'll be able to look through further diagnostics.

Alex_Rm