cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer

Derek5714
Joining in

Hi

I had my box set up for a few months now.  Suddenly I have a message saying the cables need checking as it's not in the back of my TV box with the error code of s310.

I followed everything asked of me on the assist, the faq etc.  I even went through the chat facility to be told that a technician would be in contact with me.... that never happened.  I have not had any TV for nearly 3 weeks.  

Again I tried today and the chat hangs.  I have checked the wires, the Internet, fault checker etc. 

All I want is am engineer to help so how do I get one? 😫 please ???

11 REPLIES 11

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you have a V360 or a V6 by any chance? If you're not sure, check here 

You've posted in a board primarily used for broadband queries - not a problem, we can move it - but let's check at the outset.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks.

It's the v6.

I tried the link etc but it keeps coming up with the same error s310

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Lovely - I've moved your post to the V6 board for TV queries. @Derek5714 to make sure you pick this up.

All VM TV boxes need 2 connections...

1: The co-ax cable for live TV signals.

2: An internet connection - via your homehub - for OnDemand, streaming and all online updates. This can be either an Ethernet cable or wireless - which do you have?

Are both of these connections present? Co-ax needs to be finger-tight, is it?

For the internet, follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and check the box reports connected in the top-right.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I have the co-ax cable in the back.
The internet connection is tied up to the sky modem as I can’t get a signal from the back of the house.

The box comes on and it literally goes in to the same screen every time. Saying software being installed. Then it fails. You ask it why and it goes on to say s310

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There's your problem - a V6 box needs to use a Virgin Media broadband connection, if you're connecting it via another ISP that's at least one cause of your issues.

You need to connect your V6 to your VM Superhub. I'm hoping you have one.

I have but it’s always been on sky since we had it.

All I want is an engineer tbh. I have no idea and getting very frustrated

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Well if your V6 has worked via a Sky modem, then you've been incredibly lucky, AFAIK several of the back-end functions are only accessible from a VM connection.

All the same - that's the cause of your issues and there's no point booking an engineer until you connect your V6 to a Virgin Media connection. It's not supported over other ISPs, and any VM engineer will confirm that's at least the first step to fixing this. Even if it doesn't resolve the immediate issue, it's the next course of action.

I have no idea why you mean?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You don't need an engineer to resolve this issue.

You need to connect your V6 using your Virgin Media hub rather than your other connection.