Menu
Highlighted
TroyA
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Engineer installtion charge

I have signed up to Virgin and have an engineer coming next week to install the services.

We moved into this house 18 months ago and the previous owners who had Virgin years ago had cut all of the cables coming into the house.

As we are not eligible for quick set up due to this we have been charged £40 for the install - however I did read somewhere online that if you can’t use quick set up as you have no cables into the house etc or there has not been Virgin within the last 3 years into the house ( which there has not)  then the install would be free.  Can anyone help confirm this?

0 Kudos
ozsat
Wise owl
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer installtion charge

To me reading your message it sounds as if the previous occupents damaged the cables by cutting them ??

There would be no reason to do this unless they wanted to deliberatly damage them.

As far as Virgin would them be concerned you have the cables to the house and an occupier has severed them.

Something which should have been picked up at the time of moving in and get the previous people (or landlord) to get it fixed.

@TroyA wrote:

I have signed up to Virgin and have an engineer coming next week to install the services.

We moved into this house 18 months ago and the previous owners who had Virgin years ago had cut all of the cables coming into the house.

As we are not eligible for quick set up due to this we have been charged £40 for the install - however I did read somewhere online that if you can’t use quick set up as you have no cables into the house etc or there has not been Virgin within the last 3 years into the house ( which there has not)  then the install would be free.  Can anyone help confirm this?

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS & UHD/HDR)
VIVID 500 (500/35mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD + 2 minis)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@TroyA wrote:

A situation like this is classed as a new install, as it may require 2 teams of installers (one to pull a new drop from the cabinet & another to install the house external/internal wiring).

You would be in the same situation with BT Openreach if, say you were switching away from Virgin & their existing drop to your property is found unserviceable, as this would also be a chargeable extra on your install.

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports/Cinema (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, 350M BB, Virgin PAYG Mobile
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi if you are not happy about any aspect of the install now is the time to cancel it.Regards Micky
0 Kudos