Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Music ?

Steve1701
Rising star

HI,

Over the last few days, I've noticed that two channels:

Magic TV (340) and Kerrang (342)

Have been playing the same music. By the same I mean the same video's at the same time btw, Given the content, it sounds like Magic TV is being duplicated on the Kerrang Channel.

Is there any reason this is happening?

Steve

Utrinque Paratus
45 REPLIES 45

hornets77
On our wavelength

I'm having the same problem,  virgin said it was fixed on Friday but its clearly not . If you talk to customer services they don't understand what your trying to tell them , its really frustrating. They suggested an engineer to come round but if its channel 4 that's the problem what good is that going to do? 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@hornets77 wrote:

They suggested an engineer to come round but if its channel 4 that's the problem what good is that going to do? 

That would be a complete waste of an engineers time, this affects C4 viewers on all UK platforms and is completely outside VM's control.

If you want to contact anyone, then https://www.channel4.com/4viewers/contact-us is probably the best place. Although they're likely to be as frustrated as you are, and not able to advise anything that's not already in the public domain.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I’m currently having this issue.

Thought I’d flick through the channels and leave it on Kerrang! for a bit, but I was left confused as to why The Box is showing in place of Kerrang!

It seems this has now been going on for a month with no resolution.

It’s a joke now. Anyone who calls Virgin receives a different response. So called  Customer Services are an absolute joke, and clueless! I’m switching to Sky once my contract is at an end. I know this issue is affecting all platforms, but I’d at least expect Virgin Customer Services to be aware of what’s causing the issue!! 
They haven’t even commented on these threads.
Says it all!!! 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Glen62 wrote:

It’s a joke now. Anyone who calls Virgin receives a different response. So called  Customer Services are an absolute joke, and clueless! I’m switching to Sky once my contract is at an end. I know this issue is affecting all platforms,

This is primarily a community forum where your first responses will often be from other users rather than staff - if those responses address the issue raised, there's often no need for the staff team to wade in and their time is better spent on posts that need account-specific access. This thread is a prime example of that.

A good webpage to follow for the latest information - https://cleanfeed.thetvroom.com/9939/preswatch/fallout-from-red-bee-broadcast-centre-incident-latest... 

There's a very good chance this page has as much information as VM-CS agents do, and possibly more. Really no point calling in for updates about this IMO, so save yourself the stress!! Edited to add that if you really want to vent your frustration and complain to someone, a good place would be https://www.channel4.com/4viewers/contact-us 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Damienr5
Joining in

is it issue with a channel will come back on soon

Hi Damienr5,

To be totally honest, there's no way of knowing when all channels affected by the Red Bee fire will be back on, and where they should be.

The broadcast centre is only giving out minimal information on their progress.

You can read the latest update here > Red Bee Fire Update 

It might be worth keeping hold of the link so you can check for yourself on updates 😊

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Damienr5 

The ongoing issues are entirely within the remit of Red Bee to rectify, no doubt with co-operation from C4 and other affected broadcasters.

If you want to enquire as to any ETA, you could try asking via https://www.channel4.com/4viewers/contact-us but I have doubts they'll say anything beyond what's already in the public domain and on the links already provided on this thread.

I’ve had this for weeks now. Magic tv and kerrang are showing ‘THE BOX’ channels. Im aware of other channels too. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Andy1901 wrote:

I’ve had this for weeks now. Magic tv and kerrang are showing ‘THE BOX’ channels. Im aware of other channels too. 

Indeed so.

https://cleanfeed.thetvroom.com/9939/preswatch/fallout-from-red-bee-broadcast-centre-incident-latest...