Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Music ?

Steve1701
Rising star

HI,

Over the last few days, I've noticed that two channels:

Magic TV (340) and Kerrang (342)

Have been playing the same music. By the same I mean the same video's at the same time btw, Given the content, it sounds like Magic TV is being duplicated on the Kerrang Channel.

Is there any reason this is happening?

Steve

Utrinque Paratus
45 REPLIES 45

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Think I saw somewhere that this was another casualty of the Red Bee issues on Saturday night, which are still ongoing now...

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2021/09/26/uk-broadcasters-taken-off-air-by-red-bee-fire/ 

The C4 channels have also been hit for six.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hey japitts, 

That must be it.

I don't watch a lot of music but tend to drop in if someone I've seen live is on.

Thanks for clarifying.

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about this and it's been logged under F009305083. We hope to get it resolved soon.

Thanks,

Lisa

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Further info at https://rxtvinfo.com/2021/bake-off-day-brings-further-trouble-for-channel-4 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

davep1628
On our wavelength

Interesting - I’m getting box on 342, it should be kerrang

Regards,

Dave

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Slow restoration of C4 & C5 services 

"As of Thursday afternoon, most Box Plus Network channels remain affected"

Buffy19881
Joining in

I am getting the same. For me The Box which is channel 335 is also playing on 337 (should be 4 music), 340 (should be magic) and 342 (should be karrang). I have lost Box hits which should be channel 336 which is playing Kiss (origanl channel 338) 

Its so frustrating 

Come on VM… it’s been almost a week where channels aren’t correct. They display the correct information but the wrong channel plays.

surely a week is enough time to fix it ?

You'd need to ask Channel 4. It's the same on Sky and even Freeview where 4Music has been showing The Box since last weekend.

Channel 4 has been having huge problems all week and the music channels are probably low priority compared to Channel 4/E4 etc.