Menu
Highlighted
julied49
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Downton Abbey series link didn't record

I have set up a series link to Downton abbey on itv3. All has been working well until this week when it didnt record mon and Tues. I went to recording hiccups it said it didnt record because it was a duplicate? It certainly isnt! So j gave missed two episodes. And it is not available on demand unless I pay for it??

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Downton Abbey

Hi julied49, thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry you've had this problem with your Downton Abbey series link. I believe it will have been caused by the recent addition of Downton Abbey to the Amazon Prime streaming service (the chargeable one) which will have confused the series link if the settings weren't correct.

You will need to amend your Downton Abbey series link to 'recordings only' to ensure no further episodes are missed. Unfortunately if the missed episodes aren't available via Catch-Up then you wouldn't be able to retrieve these unless they're screened by ITV again at some point in future - sorry for any disappointment this may cause.

Tom

0 Kudos
japitts
Super solver
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I must admit, I thought that when a SL+ was set to "recordings and streaming", that a recording was always preferred and would be made if possible. Just that VOD would be bookmarked in "My Shows" in the interim.

That's certainly my experience in the past, but Tom's theory probably isn't far wrong where Amazon is concerned.

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you sign up for the Amazon Prime free trial you've got 30 days to watch the episodes at no cost.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection