cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrade TV service and recorded shows

JoshGrey
Tuning in

Hi.

I'm considering downgrading my TV service on the v6 TiVo box. The outcome will be to reduce the number of channels I have access to.

Can anyone advise if I will still be able to watch the shows I have already recorded.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @JoshGrey 

You won't be able to access recordings of programs from packages you don't subscribe to

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @JoshGrey 

You won't be able to access recordings of programs from packages you don't subscribe to

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Programmes are recorded for timeshifting purposes only under VMs agreements with the broadcasters. So, lose the channel, the recordings go too.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the replies.

Looks like another bit of frustration...I'm sure it's the same with the other providers

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@JoshGrey wrote:

Thanks for the replies.

Looks like another bit of frustration...I'm sure it's the same with the other providers

With pay TV providers, yes it is.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's my current understanding that recordings made from Sky-branded channels require an active subscription at time of recording and viewing, but other channels don't have this restriction.

So if you downgrade and remove a channel, then you should retain access to any recordings unless it's from a Sky-branded channel - in which case the previous answers are correct.