cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dolby Atmos

casbar
Dialled in

So just bought a sonos Arc and have been trying to get Dolby Atmos to work. I seem to have everything setup on the LG tv and v6 box correctly and e-arc out to the soundbar. But have been testing on Amazon Prime - Jack Ryan and the sound is showing as Dolby Plus and not Atmos. Can't think of any other things to try. I don't have the V6 box hard wired to the hub, so its running on wi fi, but have never had any issues with the wi fi connection.

7 REPLIES 7

casbar
Dialled in

So found out on another forum that the virgin Amazon app doesn't support Arc, even though the blurb says the V6 box does. Ran Amazon Prime from my TV app and Atmos works fine. Just need to check now if the Virgin Netflix app is the same.

Update - Netflix on the V6 box also doesn't pass the atmos signal, but the apps on the TV work fine. Perhaps Virgin should actually amend their blurb to say the atmos sound isn't passed from the apps on their V6 box, it would have saved me a lot of time.

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Netflix say that Atmos is only supported on the 'TV 2.0' box which hasn't gone on general release yet -
https://help.netflix.com/en/node/54872?ba=SwiftypeResultClick&q=virgin%20media

However other customers have been able to get Atmos working on Netflix on the 360 box - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/V360-atmos-on-netflix/td-p/4628628

On my 360 box Netflix does show the ATMOS logo against content such as The Witcher, which I didn't see when I had the same hardware running as a V6 box (I recently did the software update to 360).

I don't see this logo on my TV's built in Netflix but I don't have any Atmos audio kit, so haven't enabled the Atmos option on my Samsung TV as mentioned on that other thread.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Thanks, I'll need to do some research then as I don't know anything about the 360 box upgrade or the TV2.0 box.

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Bit of info here about the 360 upgrade

https://www.virginmedia.com/corporate/media-centre/press-releases/all-virgin-media-customers-can-now...

But it is different to the V6 TiVo platform so there also many threads on here discussing the differences.

Whether the change is currently going to work for you will in part depend on what sort of TV content you watch.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Thought I would see about an upgrade to 360. So logged onto my account/upgrade "use chat it will possibly be quicker" it would possibly be if it wasn't "redded out and not available" So next option, phone the 501 number. 50 minutes still on hold with music. Maybe I'll give it a miss and try another day 🙂 

Quick update, got a call back (new one) they are sending out a new remote and the upgrade to 360 is free and included in my current package. So hopefully once I get the remote I can try the upgrade to 360 and see if Atmos works.