cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distorted picture

Katesocial
Joining in

Hello,

The TV picture is often very pixalatex and distorted, especially when it's windy!

I've tried restarting the box etc. 

I've looked at the cable coming into the house and it appears it's never been fixed to the wall so has become rubbed and damage. 

I spoke to Virgin on WhatsApp and they promised to send out a engineer yesterday afternoon. They didn't show up. I've tried yo contact virgin on online chat, WhatsApp and phone but none of these seem to be working.

Don't know what else to do to resolve the issue! 

Thanks for any help!

Kate 

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Katesocial, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums 🙂

I  am sorry you are having issues with your tv service, I have checked our systems and your tv box is unreachable, can you please ensure this is switched on so we can run further tests.

If it is connected via your hub I would advise rebooting your hub as this has not been rebooted in 65 days and this may help.

Keep us posted 🙂

Zoie 

I've tried all that already I'm afraid I think it's definitely to do with the damaged wire coming into the house as it's a lot worse when it  moves I the wind.

Kate

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Katesocial

Thank you for your reply

I'm so sorry to hear about this and my apologies for the inconvenience. I will drop you a private message to collect some further details so we can have this sorted for you. 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs