cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denon AVR-X520BT Unstable on 4k

TonyJover
Up to speed

I wondered if anyone could shed any light on the above problem.  If I have either of the 2160 outputs enabled on my V6 box, then the result on the Denon AVR is very unstable (with a 4k source of course). 

Picture freezes, cuts out, flickers, pixelates, states "Not HDCP 2 compliant" and other similar glitches every few minutes. Bypassing the Denon and going straight into the TV is fine, so it's not the V6 box.

I know the 520 is quite old, but other than replacing it, has anyone got any suggestions?  I'm using the Cbl/Sat input.

Cheers,
Tony

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Tony, 

Looking at the specs for the avreceiver/avrx520bt  it is HDCP 2.2 compliant. 

That would mean you need a HDCP compliant HDMI cable.

If you are using a splitter then that may cause issues as well as the splitter each connected component would need to be HDCP 2.2 compliant - please see

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-watching-4k-ultra-hd-content  for more information.

From the above link for your equipment, " 4K Ultra HD/60 Hz Video Pass-through; HDCP 2.2

Equipped with 5 HDMI inputs, the AVR-X520BT features support for 4K Ultra HD full frame rate 60 Hz pass-through on 3 inputs along with 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling pass-through, along with 3D compatibility on all HDMI inputs. It’s also equipped with HDCP 2.2 signal handling, a requirement for 4K Ultra HD copy-protected content."

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Dave,

Yep, the HDMI cable is a brand new Virgin HDCP compliant one and the specs of the receiver state that it should be ok... but it ain't.

I guess I could try another input on the Denon just in case there's an issue with just the one input but somehow I doubt it.

Unfortunately, I don't have any other 4k source to try but as I wrote in the OP, it works fine direct to the TV, so I doubt it's the V6 box.

Those errors that I described don't all happen at once, that's just a selection of the various errors that I get every few minutes if I try to watch 4k.