cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted programmes all reappeared on tivo box

cgrimes3
Joining in

Twice in the last 10 days my recorded shows has filled up with every series I have ever recorded and deleted going back as far back as 2 years ago.I deleted the first lot and now more have appeared. Any one else had this problem and how can i stop it happening again ? Is there something in the settings I can change ? 

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Given this is a legacy TiVo and not a V6, I'd suspect early onset HDD failure here.

The only sensible check you can make is whether the available disk space within the settings menu, tallies with the same display in your "my shows". They should, but I suspect won't.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Even when you delete programmes, they still remain on the hard disk & can be recovered until the space is required for new recordings.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi cgrimes3, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with your recordings. 

Checking things this end, all is looking good with your V6 box. All power levels and signal levels are spot on and the hard drive status is good too. 

In your post you've referred to a TiVo box but I can't see this from this end. Do you still have an old box plugged in or have you simply mistaken the box? 

Pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath, it’s a V6 box (powered by Tivo)

We have 2 of them 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us on this cgrimes3,

Just to gain a further understanding on the matter, were shows that were deleted months ago reappearing? 

Also were there any re-runs from these shows and/or were they series linked? 

Let us know,

Kain