cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deco - TiVo connection

brett316_2000
Joining in

Hi all,

Just after some quick advice, sure it's a pretty simple thing. I recently bought the deco S4 mesh system and got it all set up, 1 connected to the hub router and 2 others dotted around the house. The hub is now in modem mode.

My question is I have plugged in the second ethernet cable from my deco into the TiVo box but it doesn't seem to connect, I can only connect to the network through the WiFi. Secondly even though it is connected on WiFi the connection status error appears, I can access everything apart from the apps section.

Any ideas?

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've moved your post to the V6 board, as although you've mentioned TiVo... that box doesn't have Wireless and the Ethernet connection is only for multiroom streaming and not for internet connectivity. Check pictures of the boxes here if you want to check.

When you say "it doesn't seem to connect", can you explain what you mean?

The V6 box has 2 required connections.. the coax cable provides live TV channels, the internet provides OnDemand & streaming. What's not working, and what's the symptoms?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've moved your post to the V6 board, as although you've mentioned TiVo... that box doesn't have Wireless and the Ethernet connection is only for multiroom streaming and not for internet connectivity. Check pictures of the boxes here if you want to check.

When you say "it doesn't seem to connect", can you explain what you mean?

The V6 box has 2 required connections.. the coax cable provides live TV channels, the internet provides OnDemand & streaming. What's not working, and what's the symptoms?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ignore me, sorted now. Appears there was an issue with virgin in our area at the time