cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVR has detected a serious problem

Matilda001
Dialled in

My TV screen turned to a green page an hour ago with the a message saying 'DVR has detected a serious problem'.  I have done a service status scan which shows no problems, and also no similar problems being reported through other social media channels.  Is this matter likely to rectify itself, or has the box died?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You are experiencing the dreaded "Green screen of death" I'm afraid.

Usually this is the result of a failed box hard drive which means the box will have to be replaced.

Give faults a call on 150 from your VM phone, or wait a day or so here for the Forum Team to respond.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You are experiencing the dreaded "Green screen of death" I'm afraid.

Usually this is the result of a failed box hard drive which means the box will have to be replaced.

Give faults a call on 150 from your VM phone, or wait a day or so here for the Forum Team to respond.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks for the reply.  I had looked up online about the error message and had seen the 'green screen of death' comments.  I called Customer Service and an engineer is coming out on Saturday afternoon.  So, no TV till Saturday at the earliest.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You might find your TV has an in-built Freeview tuner to cover the basic channels, and you can try using VM's TV Go app if you have a compatible device...

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/download-the-virgin-tv-go-app 

Thank you for the helpful advice, I will try the link via my laptop and see if that works.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Matilda001 

Did the engineer manage to resolve the problem? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M