cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVR has detected a serious problem

jaipal2004
Joining in

Hi - getting what I believe is the green screen of death, box restarting, intermittent downward arrow/HD icon and nothing beyond that.

Have I lost all my viewing? I presume I'll need a new box? 😞

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The green "DVR has detected an error" message means your hard drive has failed and yes - you will need a replacement box. The other bits you describe are all a consequence of a failed HDD.

The quickest way to arrange this will be to call VM Faults and report it. 150 (from a VM phone) or 0345 4541111 (from any other phone) and choose the fault options. Otherwise VM staff do respond on here, but it's not a realtime facility and they may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello jaipal2004

Sorry to hear of the issues with your set top box, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

From looking at the account I can see you have called and spoken to the team since your post, it's not very clear as to the outcome but I can see a technician visit was agreed but can't see this being arranged.

Can you confirm the outcome of the call and if a date and time has been arranged? If not, I'm happy to look into this further for you.

Rob

KeithJacobs
Just joined

If you have a DVR Expander connected to the box, unplug its power cord. Wait 15 seconds. Plug the DVR Expander back in (if applicable), plug in the box, and then reconnect the network adapter, Ethernet cable or phone cord.  For instructions, go to the General Performance Issues section of DVR Expander Troubleshooting.

tellpopeyes

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

• @KeithJacobs wrote:

If you have a DVR Expander connected to the box, unplug its power cord. Wait 15 seconds. Plug the DVR Expander back in (if applicable), plug in the box, and then reconnect the network adapter, Ethernet cable or phone cord.  For instructions, go to the General Performance Issues section of DVR Expander Troubleshooting.

tellpopeyesi think you are confused

I think you are confused, there's no such thing as as a dvr expander for Virgin media UK equipment 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks