cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVR Failed Cant Speak To Anyone

MattSheff
Joining in

Had the Green Screen of Death on one of our V6 Tivo Boxes yesterday. Went through process of waiting to see if it resolves itself. It didn't. Box will now turn on, get to "Starting Up" and then nothing. 

Of course, tried to phone VM multiple times, but always get the same response that they're doing work in this area. I can't find a work around to actually speak to anyone to get the DVR replaced. I can't find the live chat service, either. 

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @MattSheff 

Sorry to see the predicament you are in.

VM systems can be a pain in the butt at times regarding faults as they won't allow a tech to or replacement box if there are know issues.

I'll flag this to see if a member of the Forum Staff can help.

It normally takes a day or two, but with flagging the post you should receive a quicker response

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for your reply.

I brought my issue to VM's attention on Twitter and a fantastic advisor called Carley booked a technician to come and resolve the problem.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thanks @MattSheff 

It's really good that you took the time to update the thread.

It's also nice to see that twitter can be a valuable tool and the Carley was either able to think outside the box, and was able to over ride the systems.

I suggest you leave it a couple of hours and double check in My Virgin Media to confirm the appointment and change the time/date if necessary.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hello MattSheff

Hope your well

Thanks for the update We can pass on your feedback and thanks to Carley 

If you need to know the appointment time please let us know 

Gareth_L