Menu
Highlighted
scruffer04
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Re: DOLBY DIGITAL audio drop out issue - in particular after pausing / rewinding live TV

@makker99 wrote:

Hi Craig

The engineer came yesterday (while somebody else was at home).  He telephoned me and I explained the problem.  He said he would fix it.  When I came home yesterday evening all he had done was change the output to PCM!  So not a fix at all.  The issue remains. Did he report back on the faults you detected?

Thanks

p.s. I replied to Nat_J via pm but was asked  to reply on the main thread.

What kind of service is that????

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Josh_RW
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 12 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Re: DOLBY DIGITAL audio drop out issue - in particular after pausing / rewinding live TV

Hi All,

Thanks for posting!

We've collated all the reports on this issue and raised a ticket for it. Our technicians are now investigating this with the hope of resolving it as soon as possible.

In the mean time, to help us out we ask that whenever the sound drops out on the box that you press 911 CLEAR on the remote control. This will place a bookmark in the TiVo® logs to help us locate the fault.

Thanks for your patience with this! 😄

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Nat_J
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 13 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

We're currently investigating this and looking to collate as much information as possible at the moment.

Would it be possible if all affected could post make and models of both TV's and sound systems used and also method of connection, i.e., HDMI from TV to sound bar, etc.?

We need as much specific information as possible to help identify root cause and fix/suggest workarounds.

Many thanks,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Stueyf72
Joining in
Message 14 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Same issue with a Sonos playbase connected by optical cable to a Sony Bravia KD-55XD9305.

WebbyUK
Joining in
Message 15 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Same problem here! Very annoying when trying to watch a film Smiley Mad

Tivo v6 to Samsung 55f7000 TV via HDMI for picture, optical to Yamaha YSP-2700 sound bar.

Would use the HDMI but get no picture on the TV if using the HDMI passthru feature on the sound bar.

0 Kudos
Simonmiller
Tuning in
Message 16 of 52
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same issue - my Tivo's connected via HDMI to a Sony Bravia KD49X8505BBU with an optical out for audio connected to a Sonos Playbar.

grdunn123
Up to speed
Message 17 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Same issue here. V6 box in to Hisense 55M7000 via HDMI then another HDMI to Yamaha YSP2500 using ARC HDMI.

Tkmin
Joining in
Message 18 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Same issue here! I have my v6 connected to a Yamaha RXV581 receiver, I get a 1 second sound dropout about 10 times per night and, most annoyingly, the sound output keeps changing from Dolby Digital to Neo:6 Cinema.  The V6 is set to Dolby digital, the av receiver will output in Dolby but then switch to either pcm or neo cinema, I go back to the settings in the v6 box, tick on Dolby again, it will be on Dolby for a few minutes then again switches. I thought got it was probably the receiver but now I'm convinced it's the v6 box. Any ideas?!!

Sky_Lord
Up to speed
Message 19 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Same problem. My V6 goes through my Onkyo. Was thinking just a faulty box, however looking at all the people complaining, it seems just like the useless Hub 3 with its Puma 6 Chipset fatal flaw for gamers that Virgin again has released hardware that isn't up to the job with the TiVo V6.

Been with Virgin for a long time. I'm sick and tired of paying extra for so called improved Hardware only to find it doesn't work as intended, your quality control is a disgrace. You will go bust if this standard keeps going. Time to seriously start looking elsewhere.
Forum Team (Retired) Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 20 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Hello Sky_Lord,

Thanks for posting and I'm really sorry to learn that you're experiencing problems with your V6 box.

The sound drop outs are an issue that we're aware of and our engineers and currently working towards a fix (NKE00009301).

I would also like to register your dissatisfaction to your account so I'm just going to send you a private message which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos