Menu
KenWright
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Corrupted Recordings V6

For the last week now almost all recordings of TV shows of US dramas seem to be badly corrupted throughout on our V6. We haven't noticed the issue on any of our other boxes, and haven't had any problems before so something has gone wrong somewhere. 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Corrupted Recordings V6

Hi how is the V6 connected to the hub, are you able to access apps YouTube etc on the V6, if not it's not receiving an internet connection, or it may be a HDD fault.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
KenWright
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have a cable that comes into the house and then splits off and feeds all the boxes. I assume that's all connected to the hub in some way. I have apps and can use YouTube and Iplayer for example with no problem.

Regards Ken 

@LittleMick73 wrote:
Hi how is the V6 connected to the hub, are you able to access apps YouTube etc on the V6, if not it's not receiving an internet connection, or it may be a HDD fault.Regards Micky

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes we can assume the V6 is connected :),  or you wouldn't see anything at all. It really would be helpful if you could answer the question about how it is connected.

When you are watching Youtube and iPlayer, are these apps on the V6 or apps on the TV?

0 Kudos
KenWright
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Apps on the v6

@jpeg1 wrote:

Yes we can assume the V6 is connected :),  or you wouldn't see anything at all. It really would be helpful if you could answer the question about how it is connected.

When you are watching Youtube and iPlayer, are these apps on the V6 or apps on the TV?

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I suspect a signal issue. A forum team member should be able to run a check.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi KenWright,

Thanks for reaching out regarding your recordings which aren't working on your V6. Sorry for the trouble that this has caused you. How things are looking for you at the moment? Let me know also the details of what you have done since it happened, if there is anything.

Cheers.

Ann_E

0 Kudos
KenWright
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi I called the helpline and they have reset the box, and then forwarded the issue to the network team, telling me to give it up to 48 hrs for them to fix any issue they may see, and then just monitor it from then onwards. That was a couple of days ago, so hopefully ok from today onwards, but we will see. 

@Ann_E wrote:

Hi KenWright,

Thanks for reaching out regarding your recordings which aren't working on your V6. Sorry for the trouble that this has caused you. How things are looking for you at the moment? Let me know also the details of what you have done since it happened, if there is anything.

Cheers.

Ann_E

0 Kudos